I had my headliner out today, so I figured I'd make a new bracket for my V1 since the old one was a tiny bit wobbly. This new bracket is made out of 1/8" aluminium, and bolts into an existing weld nut in the roof. I affixed my bracket to the mount that the V1 came with via a countersunk pop rivet. Everything is very solid now. No more vibration over bumps or any of that nonsense. These pictures were taken more with the intent of showing off my new roof vent and suede headliner wrap. Posting on this forum was kind of an afterthought. If anybody would like some better ones, I can take more.
Here's a picture of the old setup so you can see where it bolts into.
Here's my new bracket.
Here's an old pic of the remote display. The display hasn't changed, but unfortunately, my milage has.
Some people might get a kick out of this. I put some kill switched in the shift boot so they're easily usable, but hidden.