Banned

Default Passive Protection

I have been reading a bit about LIDAR and wonder if it would be possible to be a hole in the air to Laser. I am no exert or engineer, but I have given this a bit of thought and thought I would share my idea.
    I have not seen many examples of full passive stealthing of cars on the net.

By making the frontal area of your car non reflective LIDAR cannot get any reflection, thus no lock.

The tough items to cover are the most reflective:

Headlights:
    I have read that Halogen headlights put out 904nm and can disrupt lidar, so you drive with your lights on and also Veil some covers on both sides and place over lights

Numberplates:
    Lasershield front and back
    I was also thinking that a good color photocopy laminated of your plates over your plates behind the lasershield. This should give a bad reflection to any cameras and lidar.

Chrome:
    Paint matt black or veil

The frontal area of your car can be covered in a Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film that can be veiled. This stuff just peels off like sticky clingwrap, but thincker and stops stone chips. You could also give it a light sand before you veil it.
    To further reduce reflection from the rest of the front I am going to get some active carbon powder and matt clearcoat and see what it looks like in the grill and openings, if not I will just spray in matt black.

I figure that that should reduce my reflection to lidar, what do all the experts think ?

I will also be looking at a jammer, but I wanted to have a go at seeing how stealthy I can make my car.

There is no law that says you cannot use passive protection to make LEO's jobs harder

Advanced Member

headlights only effected 1st generation Laser guns....we are currently on 3rd generation

The other ideas are really good.

No chrome, veil and lasershield is a good combo before you get a jammer

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Power User

Add a black bra to the front of your car if your car is not a dark color. That makes a difference.

Yoda of Radar

The only way to really get this effective is create a black hole in front of the car that doesn't suck the car into it

Otherwise you can shave feet and metres off the targeting range but...

Radar Fanatic

Anybody read The Restaraunt at the End of The Universe by Douglas Adams? There's a space ship with this special coating that absorbs 100% of all light. We need that. 8)

Hello, NASA...

Good Citizen

Sorry to ressurrect this thread, but you are talking about something like nickel-phosphorous paint, the blackest substance on earth. It was developed to be used in telescopes. A car this black would show no contours at all, just a silhouette. It would be a complete biaaaatch in a texas summer.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy No 1
    Sorry to ressurrect this thread, but you are talking about something like nickel-phosphorous paint, the blackest substance on earth. It was developed to be used in telescopes. A car this black would show no contours at all, just a silhouette. It would be a complete biaaaatch in a texas summer.
    not a bad idea... and not all that hard. It would make a good coating for a car since it would be similar to galvanizing....

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4233107.html