Experienced

Default Found LRB's for Sale

So I found some used LRBs for sale. I'm looking at one that's just been calibrated, cleaned and looks like its in great cosmetic condition. They're asking $1,500, however willing to accept my offer of $1,000, which includes shipping to Canada.

I think that this is a pretty good deal, though doesn't come with the case. Either that, or I could pick up an LZ1 for around the same price. Any input?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Found LRB's for Sale

$1000 for an LRB in good (great) condition? Sounds too good to be true. Last time I priced one I was looking at close to $2k.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
    $1000 for an LRB in good (great) condition? Sounds too good to be true. Last time I priced one I was looking at close to $2k.
    I know. Hence the reason I want to jump on it. It's an eBay deal (has good feedback) and the photos look like the device is 8.5/10 cosmetically, just doesn't come with the box. My suspicion is that he purchased a bulk load of these things from a government surplus auction, or directly from a detachment. He still has 7 left. All come with matching serial number certification docs.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by brettzo View Post
    I know. Hence the reason I want to jump on it. It's an eBay deal (has good feedback) and the photos look like the device is 8.5/10 cosmetically, just doesn't come with the box. My suspicion is that he purchased a bulk load of these things from a government surplus auction, or directly from a detachment. He still has 7 left. All come with matching serial number certification docs.
    if this is the case, he doesn't know what he has. Which may not be a good thing either. Always the pessimist.

Experienced

if this is the case, he doesn't know what he has. Which may not be a good thing either. Always the pessimist.
    I never take a good deal without thoroughly investigating. I must have bounced 18 messages back and forth with him today. He also has a few positive recent feedback on the same items.

He has the certification docs, as well as recent calibration docs from RHF, which are all being sent with the package. I just purchased one. Have been looking for a while and glad that I found an LRB, as they're in use all over the place here. Will be great to test my LI regularly.

If anything, the unit shows up completely not as described and I send it back for a refund. Worth the risk for such a good deal.
    Last edited by brettzo; 10-22-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Advanced Member

I never take a good deal without thoroughly investigating. I must have bounced 18 messages back and forth with him today. He also has a few positive recent feedback on the same items.

He has the certification docs, as well as recent calibration docs from RHF, which are all being sent with the package. I just purchased one. Have been looking for a while and glad that I found an LRB, as they're in use all over the place here. Will be great to test my LI regularly.

If anything, the unit shows up completely not as described and I send it back for a refund. Worth the risk for such a good deal.
    Yes, I would wonder if it was legit for that price.
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Jstglockem View Post

Yes, I would wonder if it was legit for that price.
    Guess time will tell! I'll update once I receive it. Looks like the real deal...Somehow.

Good Citizen

I bought one from him.It works great.

Smile Re: Found LRB's for Sale

So I found some used LRBs for sale. I'm looking at one that's just been calibrated, cleaned and looks like its in great cosmetic condition. They're asking $1,500, however willing to accept my offer of $1,000, which includes shipping to Canada.

I think that this is a pretty good deal, though doesn't come with the case. Either that, or I could pick up an LZ1 for around the same price. Any input?
    Both Laser Gun are excellent
    I will choose the LRB Lidar

Lead Foot

Guess time will tell! I'll update once I receive it. Looks like the real deal...Somehow.
    Any update brettzo?