Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default T-Eye Accident Camera System

Does anyone know of a US retailer that carries the T-Eye ADR3000 accident camera?

All I can find are UK retailers that carry it. Not sure if it's cleared by Uncle Sam for use in the US.

Here's the link: T-Eye ADR3000

YouTube Vid: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUTLbhEFoE[/ame]

This differs from most safety cameras because it's smaller, and it has a button you can push to manually record 1-2 minutes before and 1-2 minutes after you hit the record button. If you get nailed running 70 in a 65, or if the LEO is running radar illegally, would be a great way to save yourself. Especially if they add a few mph to your actual speed.
    Last edited by geekmedic; 03-30-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Professional

Default Re: T-Eye Accident Camera System

Quote Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
    Does anyone know of a US retailer that carries the T-Eye ADR3000 accident camera?

All I can find are UK retailers that carry it. Not sure if it's cleared by Uncle Sam for use in the US.

Here's the link: T-Eye ADR3000

YouTube Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUTLbhEFoE

This differs from most safety cameras because it's smaller, and it has a button you can push to manually record 1-2 minutes before and 1-2 minutes after you hit the record button. If you get nailed running 70 in a 65, or if the LEO is running radar illegally, would be a great way to save yourself. Especially if they add a few mph to your actual speed.

Very interesting, price is not as bad as I originally thought. Only problem would be warranty.
    Last edited by rsatmans; 03-30-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Founder of Stealthvation

Go to Ebay and put in item number 120397058389. This seller and product are GREAT. I bought one
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Rosco Mirrors in NY is the official US retailer. Rosco Vision Systems You can order online.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    Go to Ebay and put in item number 120397058389. This seller and product are GREAT. I bought one
    I looked at that one through Brickhouse Security's website. It doesn't record the inside of the cabin (not a big deal). The reason I didn't want that one is because when you press the emergency button, it starts recording from that point forward. With the T-eye system, if you press the button, it records 2-3 minutes before the time you press the button and 2-3 minutes after. It continuously records like the one on eBay, but it actually stores that data when you press the button.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    I looked at that one through Brickhouse Security's website. It doesn't record the inside of the cabin (not a big deal). The reason I didn't want that one is because when you press the emergency button, it starts recording from that point forward. With the T-eye system, if you press the button, it records 2-3 minutes before the time you press the button and 2-3 minutes after. It continuously records like the one on eBay, but it actually stores that data when you press the button.

Actually it records 5 seconds before and 30 seconds after. This one is the PRO model vs Briskhouses normal model. The only difference is the Pro model allows you to use up to a 16gb SD card vs up to 2gb model that Brickhouse offers. Better yet the Pro model is $270 vs $400 that Brickhouse sells it for
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Sounds like a good deal for the money. The T-eye is nearly $700. Part of the reason I wanted recording so far back when you hit the button is in case I'm clocked. If the officer tries to cite me for faster than I was going, if he wasn't playing the rules (Georgia has a lot of them), etc., then I can use it against him. Also, if involved in an accident and it's not my fault, then it would be nice to have that documented.

Speed Demon

I got one of these...love it..im going to strap it to my RC plane and record speed etc

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by tactical22 View Post
    I got one of these...love it..im going to strap it to my RC plane and record speed etc
    I should've posted for everyone to wait before buying... just got word that they are coming out with H.264 compression, which should give better images/audio. Should be released in June and Rosco should have it in July (according to Joutec, the manufacturer).

Excellent safety cam though!

Speed Demon

it will be a firmware update, so dont worry, it is easy to update.

The new model is the 3500, it will also have GPRS sim cards where it can send an image back to a receiver in the office or at home etc...if it detects an incident it will send back to the base.

But it will be later than June.