Experienced

Default Garmin nuvi 7x5 Mandatory Update

If you've got a Garmin nuvi 7_5 but you didn't receive the email yesterday, there is a critical update required to keep your system from not working, locking, or failing.

Here's the email, though some links have been removed because they appear to be specific to my email:

Mandatory Software Update

Today, Garmin released a free, mandatory GPS software update to correct a software issue that has been discovered to cause the nuvi 7x5 devices to repeatedly attempt to update GPS firmware, and then either shut down or no longer acquire GPS satellite signals.

Garmin nüvi 7x5 series products that are no longer able to acquire a GPS satellite signal may download a firmware update immediately that will correct the software issue. This firmware update may be downloaded using Garmin's WebUpdater program.

Garmin nüvi 7x5 customers who are no longer able to power on their GPS device will need to visit Support, and select the first FAQ titled "My nüvi 755T, 765T, 775T or 785T is giving me the message 'Updating GPS Firmware' or will no longer power on..." Customers will then need to follow the instructions to request a return authorization so that the device may be repaired under warranty.

We know our customers rely upon their Garmin GPS device(s), especially during the summer travel season, and we regret any inconvenience this situation may have caused. We are committed to developing products that are known for their quality and reliability and will continue to work diligently to earn the trust of our customers.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Garmin nuvi 7x5 Mandatory Update

I didnt get the email but Ill update when i get home.
    THX!

Experienced

Default Re: Garmin nuvi 7x5 Mandatory Update

I got the impression that it's only for the nuvi 7_5 series--the ones with the lifetime traffic option, so if the only GPS you have is the 760, that might be why you didn't get the email if your unit is registered with Garmin.