Good Citizen

Default Need opinions on dash cams.

Hey guys, I would really like to install a dash cam on my car. My issue is I am really not sure what to get, and can't seem to find what I really want. I would prefer to have a dedicated DVR that I can mount in the trunk, rather than a camera/dvr combo that attaches to the windshield. I live in a pretty skanky neighborhood so I'm afraid that if I leave it on the windscreen that might encourage some ass hole to break into my car. I would really like to have a DVR that records at 30 to 60 fps that cycles so I don't have to keep formatting the SD card. I would also like to have some help finding a reasonably nice camera for the camera. Thoughts?

Good Citizen

Default Re: Need opinions on dash cams.

lawl no one has an opinion?

Yoda of Radar

I run a DOD GS600. It's tiny and with a little creativity, you can probably mount it so that it's pretty difficult to see.

Lead Foot

I just ordered my DOD GS600 and the techno geek in me is pretty excited about it. I carefully read the forum reviews about this particular cam and also compared it to others and this one seems to be very small and deliver great performance.

If you register to the newsletter on their website you have 10% off. It came to 220.44$ for the cam and a 16gb microsd card. You also have free expedited shipping all across US and a free HDMI cable.

They also upgraded the firmware which now allows you to toggle between kmh or mph.

It was ordered from the official website.

Good Citizen

Might have to pick one up myself.