Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Turning Off Stalker Radar

Here is the thing... the Stalker units have In-fared Remote Controls... and my town uses Stalker a LOT.

I bought one of the Remotes on eBay and am going to solder some wires to the LED move them to an amplifier and then to a Powerful 10W directional/In-fared LED... I don't even think it is illegal because the FCC doesn't regulate light.

My plan is to plug in a Redline to my Jump Start box and hide in the buses (like our LEO friends do)... and AIM the infrared reflector/LED at the cop car's window (much like aiming a flashlight or a radar gun) when I get Stalker frequencies ... If it works, I should be able to change antennas, hold the display, etc. It will be fun to press a button and have the cop's RADAR turn off and the detector stop alerting.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Turning Off Stalker Radar

The killer would be to fight Instant-On with Instant-Off, lol... See how they like it.

Good Citizen

it would be interesting to see how it works. maybe you can find another forum member in your area that has a stalker, and test it.

you could beat instant on by just constantly emitting an infrared signal

Lead Foot

It should work. The thing is that like a TV remote, you would have to aim it AT the receiver (i.e. at the TV) and being light it won't work if another vehicle is in the way, around a turn, etc... It would ONLY work direct line of site (if it works), which it should.

Also, I don't know where the IR sensor is on the Stalker, it might only work when pointed from the rear of the car not toward the front; I don't know. I do know that sometimes TV remotes (with full batteries) will operate a TV pointed the other direction. I would imagine a strong IR signal would reflect from the inside of the cabin back on the IR sensor, but again I will need someone from the forum to help test it eventually... I don't think the local cops will be much assistance in this matter.

I do, already have a Staler remote, and it works! If I point it at my computer's webcam, I can see pulsing light coming out of the emitter. I have a little transistor amp (also from eBay that takes a weak input and produces about 10 Watts of output)...

I wired that up and put a regular LED in and it seems to pulse visibly and the same as the little LED did in the web-cam only I can see it. The next step is to buy a 10 watt infrared LED and then verify it is working via a webcam or other camera that can see it.

Finally, I plan to mount the LED in a lantern flashlight chassis and fit the power source & Amp inside.... or have a cigarette lighter adapter come out of it for plugging into a jump-start pack... and have two leads coming out of the lantern flashlight it for signal input.

There already are 2 leads coming out of the Stalker remote that I have hooked up to a little visible LED... I would just put a connector on it that fits the lantern flashlight. To operate, one would apply power by plugging in the flashlight's cigarette adapter (if it has an external source), turning on the flashlight's main switch, and connecting the Stalker remote's output leads to the input on the flashlight... Then aim the lantern flashlight at a cop car and press buttons on the stalker remote... A big, powerful, directional infrared beam should be emitted with commands to put the Stalker in hold, switch antennas, enter the Stalker's menu, etc... depending on what button's are pressed.

If there are more remote controls for different units, one could put the same output lead on them and wire them all in at the same time with some diodes to protect the remote's from power flowing in from the LED lead... You could have several different types of remotes connected at the same time.

You could even hookup something like this:
    TV-B-Gone: Turn off Any TV! :: TV-B-Gone from Cornfield Electronics

and turn off any TV within line of site. I would guess you could point it at your neighbor's window and that would be enough. It is a pretty simple concept really... Take a bigger In-fared Lamp with some directional reflectors and it should work with far away devices. It is a simple concept: A Big powerful (directional) flashlight beam can light up the fence on the other-side of a baseball-field where a keychain light can't. Similarly, a TV Remote or a Stalker Remote isn't going to shine any noticeable light on the other side of a baseball field, but a 10 W In-fared LED focused into a beam should work like a powerful LED flashlight. I.e. Night Vision or a webcam should see/verify the light reaches the distance... Then it is just a matter of taking an amplifier and controlling the on/off pulses from a weaker source.

I have everything but a 5 to 10w Infared LED at the moment. Anybody know of a good source?

Even if a cop found this, all he would see is a LED flashlight that doesn't appear to work and has what looks like a charger port for the batteries. Next would be a Stalker Remote with a matching lead coming out.

Lead Foot

I don't think it will work because of the distance. I am leaning on the trunk, shooting through the rear window right at the unit and it doesn't really work (about 30 percent success I would say). As soon as I am farther away, forget it it doesn't work at all. My tv remote has a much better range.

Mobile Installer

Ive tried it already with a modded stalker remote.Fail also if you some how can get it to work your looking into big trouble from the FCC.Best of luck and keep cool.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by radarrob View Post
    Ive tried it already with a modded stalker remote.Fail also if you some how can get it to work your looking into big trouble from the FCC.Best of luck and keep cool.
    How would this get you in trouble with the FCC? THey don't have jurisdiction of light wave transmission do they? If they did wouldn't the Laser jammers be illegal?I'm a little confused. i hope the laser jammers aren't illegal.

Mobile Installer

The remotes are no wheres near powerful as the jammers.You can only sit in the car and press remote to change the radar.From my trunk to my radar on my dash is the farthest I could get it to work.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Lead Foot

I'll be following this tread with interest. Keep us updated!

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

I like the concept, but I'm not so sure of the practical implication. Even if you can get it to work from 50' away, success is measured only in aggravation for the COP. Then again, imagine when he tells his peers/supervisors about the malfunctioning unit, and can't repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by RepealVaRadarDetectorBan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by radarrob View Post
    How would this get you in trouble with the FCC? THey don't have jurisdiction of light wave transmission do they? If they did wouldn't the Laser jammers be illegal?I'm a little confused. i hope the laser jammers aren't illegal.
    The FCC does not have jurisdiction over light transmissions, that is the jurisdiction of the FDA.
    Light falls under the jurisdiction of the EPA