Thread: Now I know....

Newcomer

Default Now I know....

I had purchased the DFR7 a few months back and was very impressed with how quiet it was. It does not alert at all to the traffic monitoring systems found along I-90 in Ohio, which made for a pesky ride with my Whistler Pro 78 detectors.

Because the detector was so quiet, I was really wondering just how sensitive it was when a real alert happened to be ahead.

I was heading south bound on Highway 11 today which is between Ashtabula and Youngstown, OH. There really is nothing on this road, so don't travel it if you need to stop for gas or a bite to eat.

Anyhow, I was motoring along when my detector sounded. Because I've been wanting to see what type of range I have with this detector, I immediately looked at my odometer and noted the mileage. The alert had stopped sounding, and I thought that the alert had been just a random blip after traveling a mile without hearing anything more. Then the alert came back again, this time a little stronger....then again it was gone as I traveled another mile. Finally, the alert sounded again, this time much stronger....I looked way ahead of me and finally saw a vehicle in the median. Just as I rolled next to this LEO, he lit up and pursued a black pick-up truck heading North bound. I glanced at my odometer just as I rolled past him and to my great surprise, I saw that my DFR7 had given me a 3+ mile alert!

I always wanted to know how well this detector worked at sniffing out a threat. Now I know.

I've never had such advanced warning before.....I was impressed.

Safe travels all....
    Last edited by RebelGent; 02-03-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Manufacturer

Default Re: Now I know....

Quote Originally Posted by RebelGent View Post
    I had purchased the DFR7 a few months back and was very impressed with how quiet it was. It does not alert at all to the traffic monitoring systems found along I-80 in Ohio, which made for a pesky ride with my Whistler Pro 78 detectors.

Because the detector was so quiet, I was really wondering just how sensitive it was when a real alert happened to be ahead.

I was heading south bound on Highway 11 today which is between Ashtabula and Youngstown, OH. There really is nothing on this road, so don't travel it if you need to stop for gas or a bite to eat.

Anyhow, I was motoring along when my detector sounded. Because I've been wanting to see what type of range I have with this detector, I immediately looked at my odometer and noted the mileage. The alert had stopped sounding, and I thought that the alert had been just a random blip after traveling a mile without hearing anything more. Then the alert came back again, this time a little stronger....then again it was gone as I traveled another mile. Finally, the alert sounded again, this time much stronger....I looked way ahead of me and finally saw a vehicle in the median. Just as I rolled next to this LEO, he lit up and pursued a black pick-up truck heading North bound. I glanced at my odometer just as I rolled past him and to my great surprise, I saw that my DRF7 had given me a 3+ mile alert!

I always wanted to know how well this detector worked at sniffing out a threat. Now I know.

I've never had such advanced warning before.....I was impressed.

Safe travels all....
    Good to know. The first detector I had was an LRD950 from the very first shipment and I actually found it to be "off" considerably. Had it chamber tested and the performance was definitely not right. Perhaps it was a product "dud." I am glad to hear that it was probably an exception to the otherwise good performance. Please keep us posted as you accumulate more experiences. Thanks.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook