Default Uniden R1 not working

Hello,

I just received my new Uniden R1, set it up, went put for a drive, and noticed it was extremely quiet. So much so, it didn't pick up one signal, or make one alert. I drove by speed trap cameras, downtown, and nothing. I used the highway setting which is the most sensitive, and nothing. Checked all of the settings, and still nothing. Did the typical Google search to see how to check to see if it's working, used remote controls, garage door openers, even tried a laser pointer and still nothing. I have a radar I use to measure swing speed when I'm doing my golf workouts, and that didn't set it off either.

Do I have a dud, or am I not doing something correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Uniden R1 not working

Quote Originally Posted by robolo1132 View Post
    Hello,

I just received my new Uniden R1, set it up, went put for a drive, and noticed it was extremely quiet. So much so, it didn't pick up one signal, or make one alert. I drove by speed trap cameras, downtown, and nothing. I used the highway setting which is the most sensitive, and nothing. Checked all of the settings, and still nothing. Did the typical Google search to see how to check to see if it's working, used remote controls, garage door openers, even tried a laser pointer and still nothing. I have a radar I use to measure swing speed when I'm doing my golf workouts, and that didn't set it off either.

Do I have a dud, or am I not doing something correctly.

Thanks for your help.
    The Uniden R1 is a non-GPS radar detector. This means that it won't alert to photo enforcement, speed cameras, or red light cameras based upon GPS, like the R3 would.

Using garage door openers or infrared remotes is no way to test for either radar or laser.

Make sure your settings are:

X ON (if you live in NJ or Ohio)
    K ON
    LASER ON
    KA ON
    POP OFF

You may also select

Ka Narrow ON
    K Narrow ON
    K Filter ON
    Ka Filter On

Drive with it for a while. You may come across a door-opener at a CVS or Walgreens that may set the detector off on K-band. You may also pass a radar controlled speed sign which displays your speed as you pass by. Your R1 should alert.
    RadarBusters.com
    PowerSports-US

Drive safe, drive smart, but most importantly drive protected!