Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default My Custom V1 Stealth Display...

I have spent many months perfecting this design and thought I would share it with the masses!!!

I own a 2001 Audi S4 and while I had been using the V1 concealed display early on, I felt the need to create a more stealthy OEM look to the V1 display.

I modifed a concealed display so that it could be integrated into a stock trim piece directly in front of the steering wheel and instrument cluster. I created a housing and cast it in plastic with an OEM texture to it, installed an anti-glare ruby red lense and the result is this...

I then took a V1 remote audio unit and gutted it remote mounting the power/mute/volume control to the armrest in the S4, and the audio broadcast speaker is hidden in the center vent for the climate control.

The main unit is mounter above the rear view mirror and is hard wired to switched power.

I made a similar setup for a friend who didn't want remote audio control, but chose to mount a remote mute button inside the leather shift boot..drop you hand fromt he wheel or shift knob and tap the button to mute.

Hope this is as well received here as it is with the Audi community. I have since done installs in a number of the Audi vehicles such as the C5 A4, the RS6, the RS4, the b5 & B6 A4 and S4 and the All Road!!!

Newcomer

i have to say.... that is beautiful.....

question though... can you only see the arrow's and dots when they are lit?

This would be amazing with Lifespeed's modded display.... :shock:

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by vocaltrance
    i have to say.... that is beautiful.....

question though... can you only see the arrow's and dots when they are lit?

This would be amazing with Lifespeed's modded display.... :shock:
    Thanks!!

Since the face film of the V1 concealed display is removed in an effort to minimize the size of the modded display, the lettering is gone as well. Not that you could actually read that tiny lettering anyway... :shock:

The digital bogey counter is still functional.

The intent with the design is to have the unit be unidentifyable when it is off...Lifespeed's display is most excellent..I just read the sticky thread. However, since the display is housed behind the ruby red lens to increase the "stealth factor", the colored LED's would not hold true color...Yellow = orange, green = piss yellow.

This is an similar install in an Audi RS6...

Newcomer

yea i guess that's true.. you might be able make a couple tiny holes in the lens for the LED's? although it may somewhat defeat the purpose of it. or use a different colored lens? or would that make the arrows and such visible when turned off..

Lead Foot

Very nice looking install, where abouts to you live in case I ever want to bug you about helping me with a custom install?

I don't think you'd want other colors as others have mentioned, it seems red looks nice with the rest of your instrument panel. Again, very nice, and thanks for taking the time to share pics with us.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by licamell
    Very nice looking install, where abouts to you live in case I ever want to bug you about helping me with a custom install?

I don't think you'd want other colors as others have mentioned, it seems red looks nice with the rest of your instrument panel. Again, very nice, and thanks for taking the time to share pics with us.
    I agree...I think colors would have a negative impact on the stealth factor..

I live on Long Island, NY. Most of the kits after the original were developed site unseen, using digital pictures, photshop and email!!!

Professional

That is a great install!!
    I wish I had the talent to work with fiberglass and plastic I would love to have a stealth install like that.

Thumbs up on the install!!!!!!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman
    I wish I had the talent to work with fiberglass and plastic I would love to have a stealth install like that.

Thanks.. I never worked with those materials prior to this project...the learning curve isn't to bad with any new material.

What kind of car are you driving? Got a pic of the dash board??

Radar Fanatic

Nice looking install.

Good Citizen

That is truly inspirational, what a beauty. And I'm not just talking about the near full tank of gas