Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Replacement Lens

Does anyone know if you can buy the front and rear lens for the V1 from VR? How much? Mine are getting scratched up. No matter how hard I try not to scratch these things it always happens. They haze up regardless. I just have real fine surface scratches but I wanted to get some spares for later

They should make the lenses out of glass. They wouldn't scratch as easy

Radar Fanatic

You can get the fine scratches out with plastic polish from Novus or Meguiars. Just don't get any in the seams where it can get into the case. It would only take a small amount.

I have never done that to mine. Scanner owners polish the plastic lens over the LCD display though.

GTO_04

Professional

aaseavey wrote:
    Winds of Change are blowing in the USA.....Trust me......
    Agreed. No matter how kind you are, they always scratch.
    Maybe glass would add too much $ to the price of a V1.

Radar Fanatic

always use a lens cleaner (comes with glasses) to clean it off. using a tissue or anything else will contribute to the minor scratching.

and if u want new lens' just send it back to vr (i know u dont want to do that again and they should replace them for a small fee if not free)

Professional

I contacted Bel last night to see if I could purchase a new front lens for the RX65 and the guy I talked to was awesome. I gave him my address and he said he would ship one or two to me for free. I couldn't believe it because normally it is a fight with everything when it comes to Bel customer service

VR told me to send it in for a new lens. No way am I going to do that because I would miss her too much. The lens isn't bad at all and there is no change in detection range. "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

V1 Zombie

Interesting Bell say we will send you some lens covers you can open up the rx65 and put it in. V1 say send it in and we will open the V1 up and do it for ya. :shock: Whats the deal with bell are they kool if you get into there detector and play with thing's.....I'm meaning what about the warrenty?. :shock:

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    Interesting Bell say we will send you some lens covers you can open up the rx65 and put it in. V1 say send it in and we will open the V1 up and do it for ya. :shock: Whats the deal with bell are they kool if you get into there detector and play with thing's.....I'm meaning what about the warrenty?. :shock:
    Changing out the lens yourself with Bels or at least the RX65 will not void warranty. Nothing says that it does. Now...if you send it back with wires and stuff hanging out of it because you ripped it apart then there may be an issue

Radar Fanatic

The BELs are easy to take apart. If you are careful you may be able to take it apart and nobody will be able to tell you had it apart. The V1 has some strange looking fasteners, possibly Torx, so a special screwdriver may be required for that.

Glass lenses may make the V1 heavier, probably one other reason they don't use glass. Plus it would break if one were to drop it.

GTO_04

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    The BELs are easy to take apart. If you are careful you may be able to take it apart and nobody will be able to tell you had it apart. The V1 has some strange looking fasteners, possibly Torx, so a special screwdriver may be required for that.

Glass lenses may make the V1 heavier, probably one other reason they don't use glass. Plus it would break if one were to drop it.

GTO_04

they are torx

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    You can get the fine scratches out with plastic polish from Novus or Meguiars.
    Yes! That stuff works great!