Valentin One - V1.9
I am home from school for summer and have a job paying very little wages. With this in mind I want to purchase the best radar protector that I can get for my money and can be used in the state of VA relatively risk free.
Will v1.9 be available w/ Spectre cloaking while I am working over the summer or should I go ahead and purchase 1.8 now if that is what I decide to go with?
I dont think V1 will be coming out with a 1.9 anytime soon.
EerFoolWVU....you can buy the V1 and get it upgraded for a year for free or get the Bel STI for the ability to cloak itself now againt RDD's for $50 more. I would go for the STI for the only reason that it's illegal in VA to have a detector.. Otherwise the V1 is the choice for me............
i have heard rumors about VA cops now having the spectre unit. in that case, STI is the only way to go :!: :shock:
Originally Posted by cdilln
The question mark is how long before VR responds with a new unit that addresses these things. Since we have no idea of knowing and the original poster indicated he wanted to do something this summer then the STi is probably the one to go with.
VR probably is working on an upgrade that will beat the STi in Ka band and be stealth as well, but at the moment it doesn't exist. It is true the V1 will come with free upgrades for a year so if your willing to take the chance that VR will have the upgrade out within that time and it isn't a hardware upgrade(this will require more money out of your pocket) then buy the V1.
I think I would probably lean toward the STi for the moment if I had to do something soon.