Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V1 Zombie

Default From another forum

"Torquenstein recently completed the Gumball Rally and tied for 1st position in this Euro/Asian/USA rally. During his race he used a Valentine One and an Bel STi Driver. Torquenstein felt the Valentine One performed overall better for radar detection than the STi with quicker alerts. However, the STi was clearly invisible to RDD, where the V1 is not 100% invisible."

Gee tell me something new :mrgreen:

Professional

Looks like Mike V. has some more work to do .

Speed Demon

Greetings to a fellow Kiwi

Amazing that he could compete in the race and conduct a comparison test simultaneously. The GOL must really sharpen up their act they're being made to look candy assed!

Gotta love the "V1 is not 100% invisible" guess that's like being almost a virgin.

Here in NZ we mostly have Stalker Duals and Multanova's, Ka 34.7 and 34.3 GHz, the V1 doesn't even make second best against this stuff.

Maybe you should try an STi before big Helen makes them all illegal.

Good Citizen

Default Re: From another forum

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    "Torquenstein recently completed the Gumball Rally and tied for 1st position in this Euro/Asian/USA rally. During his race he used a Valentine One and an Bel STi Driver. Torquenstein felt the Valentine One performed overall better for radar detection than the STi with quicker alerts. However, the STi was clearly invisible to RDD, where the V1 is not 100% invisible."

Gee tell me something new :mrgreen:
    do you have a link?

V1 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed
    Greetings to a fellow Kiwi

Amazing that he could compete in the race and conduct a comparison test simultaneously. The GOL must really sharpen up their act they're being made to look candy assed!

Gotta love the "V1 is not 100% invisible" guess that's like being almost a virgin.

Here in NZ we mostly have Stalker Duals and Multanova's, Ka 34.7 and 34.3 GHz, the V1 doesn't even make second best against this stuff.

Maybe you should try an STi before big Helen makes them all illegal.

Almost correct brother
    Ka 34.7. 35.5 Ghz and no multanova's here Just gusto 34.6 ghz speed camera's and the V1 kicks butt each and every time with no Ka falseing unlike the NEW STI....

Speed Demon

Well I very rapidly run out of expertise but...

Do we have Ka 35.5 GHz radar in NZ (Kustom Talon?) I wasn't aware of that.

I thought Gatso's operated on K band so I still think ours are Multanovas but I can't find any definitive proof offhand.

Whatever, rock on V1 dude

V1 Zombie

try your feq mode on your sti

Speed Demon

I always drive using tech mode, that's why I know there's no Kustom Falcons or gustos out there. I'm suprised your own frequency display didn't alert you to these facts

V1 Zombie

I had bell 990 Int,Rx 65 Our speed cameras run 34.6 ghz not 34.3ghz and ive had plenty Kustom Talon 35.5 ghz hits down in the south. We dont seem to have 33.8 ghz radar here thou.

You see the V1 doesnt need a tech mode because it doesnt false like crazy on Ka like the bells. 98% of the time it alerts to ka it means a real cop. Makes the driving ALOT more relaxing

Ps before some die hard bell boy jumps on me. Maybe in your country they dont Ka false alert much but in New Zealand they Ka false like crazy. maybe smaller roads or something i dont know. All i know is that it sucks big time. My V1 doesnt Ka false like crazy so its kool unlike the bells

Speed Demon

Didn't we have Kustom Eagles a few years back? Maybe that's where you're getting the 35.5 Ghz from. I think they've been replaced by the Stalkers now.

Multanovas operate at 34.3 GHz and they're really bad news.

I've just got the latest STi A3M8 revision and it seems quiet so far but early days yet. I tried an 8500 X50 and that was very quiet too but the STi was better against the Multanovas IMHO.