Radar Fanatic

Default don't like increased Ka reporting, here is why

i have had this feature enabled due to the short ranges on Ka band, i wanted to be more cautious with Ka band.

but i have decided to take it off for one reason: the other day i was driving thru NJ and i got a false on Ka band from some benz with a crappy detector (not a v1 ). the Ka ramped up so high i thought i got hit with instant-on and slowed down sooo much. i know it was in NJ and they don't really use Ka band like that but i have run into it before from a camero cop. people driving around me probably thought i was nuts. i dunno it could have even been some cruise control feature or some sensor thing but it went up so high it unerved me. after experiencing this i decided to turn this feature off so i wont mistake one of these rare and random falses for an instant-on blast :idea:

option 5, arrowing going back to default, UP :shock:

Speed Demon

gave you a heart attack did it? i have mine to default because with it more responsive, its hard to tell how far you REALLY are from the source. i had it on more responsive for a long time hopeing to get more time, but just to come to realize that i liked it better up.

Advanced Member

Ever think it could of been a KA radar jammer?

I have sh1t my pants on false laser alerts from inifinity's now that lidateks are off my volvo ops:

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

yes TQ turn that option 5 back to regular mode i never liked that feature some say its for speeders i dont think so

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    yes TQ turn that option 5 back to regular mode i never liked that feature some say its for speeders i dont think so
    I switched option 5 to Responsive mode. . I've had it for 3 or 4 days now - Hasn't gone off once. . I'm about 2 shakes of a stick ready to get rid of the freaking x band though

Good Citizen

Be careful with X.

I thought in my area only two LEOs used it. Dodge Durango LEOs. Anyways I was on I-530 (Central Arkansas) and I got a weak X. I was like WTF? That's not right. So I slowed down.

Lo and behold there was a regular marked Crown Vic radaring folks coming near.

I had ALMOST turned off X, but had I have, who knows what might've happened.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kenton
    Be careful with X.

I thought in my area only two LEOs used it. Dodge Durango LEOs. Anyways I was on I-530 (Central Arkansas) and I got a weak X. I was like WTF? That's not right. So I slowed down.

Lo and behold there was a regular marked Crown Vic radaring folks coming near.

I had ALMOST turned off X, but had I have, who knows what might've happened.
    Well the falses are RIDICULOUS. . . my girlfriends cousin is a Sheriff - I KNOW the state boys don't waste their time w/ X. If the sheriffs don't use x than it is going off. . I don't care about the city boys. . . because its nex to impossible to speed in the city. There is ALWAYS someone doing 15 in the 25.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by againstme!
    its hard to tell how far you REALLY are from the source. i had it on more responsive for a long time hopeing to get more time.
    Ditto...

But when I passed a CHP, it was at full alert for some time before I passed him. Harder to judge distance.

Speed Demon

I know mercedes have mechanisms that detect how close cars are to them. Most likely, they have radar units on the front and back of the car to do this. My grandfather was driving me around in his and I saw it. It helps so that you don't back into things, etc

Did you tail or did he tail you at all? This may have set off the detector. Even if you didn't tail him, the radar units are on all the time and your detector might be sensitive enough to pick it up.

I have done that before though, get a small signal and then slow down. The rest of the people are probably like wtf is that guy doing?