Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default The Dreaded J Problem

I've read about problems that some V1 owners have had with the V1 J'ing out real threats. Is there any way that I can tell, before I'm in a live situation, whether or not my V1 has this problem? It seems that many folks have not had issues with this. I'd like to know before hand if I do have this problem.... if at all possible.

Power User

Default Re: The Dreaded J Problem

Quote Originally Posted by radarTom
    I've read about problems that some V1 owners have had with the V1 J'ing out real threats. Is there any way that I can tell, before I'm in a live situation, whether or not my V1 has this problem? It seems that many folks have not had issues with this. I'd like to know before hand if I do have this problem.... if at all possible.
    Its not that its going to happen every time, some never have it happen. Just beaware that if a alert is J out, do not believe that it is the end of that. You can reboot the unit to refresh it just incase, if it is a real signal it will alert again to it. Just be cautious if you have a alert that is J out. The problem seems to be reported that when it does occure, it happens very closely, so you should be able to identify if things are working correctly relatively quickly. Futher reports also suggest that it happens after passing the visual LEO source... possibly from overload of signal. Also be on the look out for cars next to you that might have a RD interferring with yours.

Good Citizen

What do you mean when you say "it happens very closely?"

Radar Fanatic

What do you mean when you say "it happens very closely?"
    Means it happens at very close range to the radar unit, so you should be able to see it.

GTO_04

Speed Demon

The worst is the "lockup" and no more alerts unitil reboot or loss of signal. Anybody tested how long between loss of signal and full function after "J"? For that matter, what about a second source during "J"??

Radar Fanatic

A typical reset on a V1 has always been ten seconds, so if you mute a signal then loose it and then it comes back within nine seconds it will stay muted.
    Same works in the reprogramming of section (7)
    So I am assuming that if you get a junk out the V1 will not reset until ten seconds after you loose the junk signal.

Experienced

I had a J this morning - I've had several in the last 6 weeks that only lasted a couple of seconds then the dee-dah-doh (J/Junk) tone. This one lasted .4 miles with no apparant LEO, uneven highway. I did get passed by a car when the thing finally J'd out but don't know if it was the problem or not - the signal was coming from the front so maybe it was just an unmarked cruiser??

Good Citizen

i have to say this is a real problem . I posted this today.
    http://www.radardetector.net/Junked-...day-12731t.php

I have had this happen to me twice now so I am going to have to treat all j's as a real threats.slow down and reboot.

Has valentine taken ownership of this problem yet?

I am thinking there is a problem in the algorythm for this ..in that it will indeed work the way it is designed but it also , under right conditions
    j's out real threats. What these conditions are i dont know. but i am thinking it has somthing to do with reflection off other vehicles.
    In the case above i was parked between 2 cars for at least 5 min
    so if one of those cars had a junk detector it would have j'd out alot
    sooner.. in the other case there was traffic all around in a small
    rural town with the leo shooting down the road so i am thinking again
    reflection off the nearby cars. I have no proof just my opinion .

[/url]

Radar Fanatic

i would take what amoney said with a grain of salt as he doesn't own a v1 although his information is somewhat correct from hearsay.

there are 2 types of situations which can cause the J alert of real Ka band radar,
    1)when your v1 is detecting a real Ka band radar souce (leo) and you run into a cobra or other cheap radar detector, the v1 will J out the real Ka threat.

2)the other situation which i was one of the first to report with the 3.826 version occurs usually when you are right on top of a leo, pretty much almost past him the v1 will J out the real Ka band radar threat. i can replicate this in an area near my hope which has k-band drones up ahead.

the best thing to do it cycle the power in this situation. also try disabling pop mode, option "J" in the programming menu. Many members have reported much less falsing and no real J of Ka alerts with this feature disable. Personally since i have disabled pop mode i have no experienced any more J's of Ka. hope this helps -tq

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    [

2)the other situation which i was one of the first to report with the 3.826 version occurs usually when you are right on top of a leo, pretty much almost past him the v1 will J out the real Ka band radar threat. i can replicate this in an area near my hope which has k-band drones up ahead.

-tq
    You have K band alerts being J'ed out too? Or do you mean a K band drone is causing the V1 to J out a real Ka band radar?

GTO_04