Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Dear Mr. Valentine

I love my V1, and it has saved me numerous times, with radar and laser, but I am curious to know if you will soon have a V1 that can put the STi to shame in terms of performance and undetectability.

Your faithful V1 follower

bmw4evr

Old Timer

they dont ship overseas, and detectors are only illegal in virginia.

My guess is undetectibility is not high on their priority list.

Speed Demon

In addition I don't think we can't say the STI is the performance leader, at least not yet. I am not a V1 drone saying this either, since I do own a RX65. I just want to see some numbers before I crown the new king.

CC

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy
    In addition I don't think we can't say the STI is the performance leader, at least not yet. I am not a V1 drone saying this either, since I do own a RX65. I just want to see some numbers before I crown the new king.

CC
    He said performance AND undetectability, and the STi is the leader in (production model RD's), in performance AND undetectability combined.

Anywhom... I think he means he sent this to VR, to have them read that he wants a V1 that is spectre invisible... and he is waiting for it or something... or he posted it on here assuming someone (from VR) would see it.

I have to agree with Sethy, since they dont ship outside the "good old", they probably aren't looking to much into spectre invisibility.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    they dont ship overseas, and detectors are only illegal in virginia.

My guess is undetectibility is not high on their priority list.
    You're overlooking fifty states worth of truckers that were banned from 96' on.
    They want it and I have also heard that truck stops cannot keep the STI in stock.
    Ca does not seem to look for them but I hear in Texas it's hell for truckers.

Lead Foot

Perhaps enabling 100+ MPH 18-wheelers is beyond one of Mr. V's ethical boundaries.

Bill

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by billgerr
    Perhaps enabling 100+ MPH 18-wheelers is beyond one of Mr. V's ethical boundaries.

Bill
    Most 18 wheelers can't go anywhere close to 100 MPH. Their top speed is limited by gearing. Thought I would throw in that bit of trivia.

Indiana is enforcing the RD ban against truckers, but they are using VG2s. I have seen them in the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Cruisers.

I still think Spectre immunity is important. It will pre-empt state legislators from considering RD bans.

VR is very secretive about ongoing projects. For all we know they could be very close to a Spectre Immune V1. Or maybe not.

GTO_04

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by billgerr

Bill
    No, because it does not take much to break a 55 MPH speed limit and they (we) need a relatively clean record to make a living.
    Also when you are on the road a lot your odds of getting a ticket for anything go up tremendously.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore

CC
    He said performance AND undetectability, and the STi is the leader in (production model RD's), in performance AND undetectability combined.

Anywhom... I think he means he sent this to VR, to have them read that he wants a V1 that is spectre invisible... and he is waiting for it or something... or he posted it on here assuming someone (from VR) would see it.

I have to agree with Sethy, since they dont ship outside the "good old", they probably aren't looking to much into spectre invisibility.
    I sent an email to VR but got the standard response, "please check back on our web-site, for any new developments" - that doesn't mean crap. Does anyone know if he is actually working on this? "new developments" could mean anything like multicoloured LED display....

There are lots of people north of the border that could use the undetectability feature, and eventhough VR doesn't ship here we all have means of getting the V1 from an address in the US. Geez Mr. V, what's the hold up. Are you not the RD man or what ???? I could do a better job in lab at the university for f&^% sakes....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bmw4evr
    Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore

CC

I sent an email to VR but got the standard response, "please check back on our web-site, for any new developments" - that doesn't mean crap. Does anyone know if he is actually working on this? "new developments" could mean anything like multicoloured LED display....

There are lots of people north of the border that could use the undetectability feature, and eventhough VR doesn't ship here we all have means of getting the V1 from an address in the US. Geez Mr. V, what's the hold up. Are you not the RD man or what ???? I could do a better job in lab at the university for f&^% sakes....
    If you're that good maybe you should start up your own radar detector company?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.radardetector.net/forums/images/colortheory/smilies/custom/zombie3.gif[/SIGPIC]

V1 3.826

In Memory of Stealth Stalker
    Requiescat in Pace