Thread: first V1

Newcomer

Default first V1

I JUST ordered my first V1. I'm soo excited for it to get here. I know it's going to be helpful traveling to and from college on I-85 in North Carolina.

Thanks guys for all your help so far, and..........

I'M SO DAMN PROUD TO BE A V1 OWNER

Yoda of Radar

On your trips to and from college on a main road (I-85), your V1 should provide you with good results.

Newcomer

Yea it should! Does anyone know if North Carolina SHP uses Laser?? Thats the only part i'm worried about

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by livinitup0312
    Yea it should! Does anyone know if North Carolina SHP uses Laser?? Thats the only part i'm worried about
    Checking here:

http://radardetector.net/List-of-ban...e-U.S-589t.php

In North Carlolina they do use laser, so I would assume the State Patrol (as well as some local patrols) have LIDAR equipment.

Newcomer

They use VASCAR too. They sit on the on ramp and time you crossing two lines across the road. No way to pick it up unless you see them first.

Speed Demon

I am not saying the list is wrong, but I have never seen laser being used in North Carolina by the State Patrol. I go up and down I-85 and I-40 nearly every day. I also have a state trooper that does the landscaping where I work, so I will check with him and see if he knows of laser being used.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by glockman30
    I am not saying the list is wrong, but I have never seen laser being used in North Carolina by the State Patrol. I go up and down I-85 and I-40 nearly every day. I also have a state trooper that does the landscaping where I work, so I will check with him and see if he knows of laser being used.
    You could be correct, I just went by the list... honestly, its like in NYS, I have never seen X-Band ever, but people have (said they) had the close encounter... so its on the list.

Lead Foot

I live in NC and I've never known Lidar to be used by the State Patrol; it is used on the Parkway and other Federal properties by Park Rangers. Perhaps that is what the list is referring to.

VASCAR has made a big come back in NC. Back in the 70's to mid 80's it was used more than radar. But then a court decision set that back. Don't know the reasoning for it, but they're sticking VASCAR in all the state vehicles now. The city cops are still using radar almost exclusively.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh
    I live in NC and I've never known Lidar to be used by the State Patrol; it is used on the Parkway and other Federal properties by Park Rangers. Perhaps that is what the list is referring to.

VASCAR has made a big come back in NC. Back in the 70's to mid 80's it was used more than radar. But then a court decision set that back. Don't know the reasoning for it, but they're sticking VASCAR in all the state vehicles now. The city cops are still using radar almost exclusively.
    Very true. I had a friend I worked with that got an 80 in a 65 mph zone on I 85 north of Charlotte and I often see troopers at the top of entrance ramps where there are white lines on the interstate for VASCAR. I have become paranoid and I am constantly looking up ramps as I pass exits.

Newcomer

gosh, i hate VASCAR...its just another thing to look for while speeding, umm, i mean driving.

Yea, thanks guys for your imput. I was just debating on whether or not i would need extensive laser countermeasures, as most of my driving is done between college and home on I-40, I-85, and I-485.

I appreciate all your imput