Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got a v1!!

Good Citizen

Default I got a v1!!

I got a v1 1.8 should i get the pop/2 upgrade for 55 bucks more? I have my POP off; on my x50, but is there any preformace increase in the pop2. i got the 1.8 for only 299.99 on ebay!!! woo woo

Radar Fanatic

Good deal. I have the 1.8 and I'm considerig upgrading because I think that the occasional unresolved Ka alerts that I've been having lately are due to other detectors, and that would be fixed with the "J" feature. Other than that I have no complaints. If you know that POP is being used where you are, I'd say go ahead and upgrade. If not then you might want to give it a couple of weeks and see how it does. I don't think think that POP really increases sensitivity, so-to-speak. It just alerts to shorter signals.

Professional

Default Re: I got a v1!!

Quote Originally Posted by matt1020
    I got a v1 1.8 should i get the pop/2 upgrade for 55 bucks more? I have my POP off; on my x50, but is there any preformace increase in the pop2. i got the 1.8 for only 299.99 on ebay!!! woo woo
    I think you will like the valentine one and u will leave th x50
    at home

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah upgrade to POP2. WHY did you buy a V1 when you have a good detector already? You are too young to be waisting your money like that
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

You could have bought a second hand return from V1 for the same price to upgrading yours. Is still has thirty day satisfaction and a year warranty. Anyway congrats.

Old Timer

Hey I started buying detectors when I was 17 and they saved me and my parents a buttload

Brick, I am not sure if the J feature of the new V1 would help you as much as you think. After almost a week of driving with mine, I have only seen the J once. I have noticed several small K and Ka, like one or two dots, that were other radar detectors. The V1 never displayed J on those. The one time that it did display J I was not able to see any RDs in the area. The V1 does seem to false a lot, but I am quickly learning which alerts that I need to respond to. BTW, I run my V1 in L mode with Ku enabled.

Radar Fanatic

Hmm...that's interesting. Maybe the J only applies to alerts that I'm not even getting without POP. Once in a while if there's a particularly leaky detector next to me it will go nuts on Ka...three or four LEDs crazy. That's rare, though. Usually it's one or two and then it's gone.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by AceFreely
    Brick, I am not sure if the J feature of the new V1 would help you as much as you think. After almost a week of driving with mine, I have only seen the J once. I have noticed several small K and Ka, like one or two dots, that were other radar detectors. The V1 never displayed J on those. The one time that it did display J I was not able to see any RDs in the area. The V1 does seem to false a lot, but I am quickly learning which alerts that I need to respond to. BTW, I run my V1 in L mode with Ku enabled.
    I disagree. I bet it depends on where you live, but the J feature is one of the best thing about the v1. I had 3 KA alerts today, 2 of them were singled out with the J feature, then the 3rd kept on going. I slowed down with the arrow pointing behind me because I was speeding, but the strength kept goin up. So I slowed down to see a highway patrol fly on by me.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Yeah upgrade to POP2. WHY did you buy a V1 when you have a good detector already? You are too young to be waisting your money like that
    the only resone i bought it is because i can just sell it for 360ish on ebay ...so i will make like a 60 dollar profit!