Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Soo mad, but love the V1

So i just got my V1 last monday, and had it hard-wired at a car stereo store last tuesday. I'm not too familiar with car electrical systems, so i brought it there, and they only charged me $35. i love the V1, it was worth every penny, and saved me once last night. But the problem is...

Today it poured while i was at work. When i was leaving work, i started the car, the V1 started up normally, then i turned the lights on, and turned the wipers on intermittent, my V1 went dark. Then when the wipers went to the bottom of the windshield, my V1 repeated the startup process. I was so mad to have found that the car stereo store hardwired my V1 to my wipers. I have to go back tomorrow and get this fixed...

Power User

sorry don't mean to laugh but you might wanna take it somewhere else!

Professional

They might have spliced the wire to the wippers or light relay. Find a different power source.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    They might have spliced the wire to the wippers or light relay. Find a different power source.
    Screw that... make them (the installer) find another source, or get the 35 back and find another source yourself.

Good Citizen

Haha. Thats some funny ****. I know I would be steaming if it was me. Get them to connect it to the blinker this time. Or maybe the breaking light.

Speed Demon

get your money back, and tap the +12 volt source on the cig lighter or your deck. This way, you wont have much of a problem. I would use the cig lighter, because somtimes after market decks/amps draw alot of power, better to ahve it on a different circuit completely. Its not that hard to do, just ask and we can help you through it. Just make sure its not a wire that is HOT while the car is off!

Also, double check they got a good ground, because I wouldnt trust them after that....

Newcomer

hehe that is pretty funny

Professional

Ain't that a bitqh?

here is a trick I have used in the past;

I hardwired into the domelight circuit, when the domelight was turned on it killed the power to the RD. So if there was a need to kill the power without being obvious it was right there. Such as getting pulled over and the leo walking up to the car with the rd still blasting your ears out.

Newcomer

thanks guys, yea i took it back this morning, extremely pissed off. And they fixed it. they said it was originally hardwired to the negative circuit on the wipers. I'm not sure what that means, but its working great now.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by livinitup0312
    thanks guys, yea i took it back this morning, extremely pissed off. And they fixed it. they said it was originally hardwired to the negative circuit on the wipers. I'm not sure what that means, but its working great now.
    lol was worth a good laugh though, i bet at first you were like 'what in da hell' LMA0