Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote Display?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by BullyDawg19
    i just sent clay the money.
    i was wandering about something with the remote. if i installed an on/off switch on the power lead in between the direct wire hookup and the remote i could effectively elimante the need for the remote audio adapter. when i want to use the remote display i could just reach down and flip the switch - powering up the remote display and shutting down the main units display. i dont know if it would work - what do you guys think? i would have the main unit plugged into the direct wire hookup and the swith between the direct wire hookup and the remote display.
    BullyDawg.
    I'm just around the corner in Peachtree City. If you need some help with the set up, feel free to drop by and I'll give you a hand. We can go ahead and wire up the hard wire kit, so that it is ready once your concealed mod arrives from Clay.

PM me and I'll send you my contact info and address.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood1972
    i was wandering about something with the remote. if i installed an on/off switch on the power lead in between the direct wire hookup and the remote i could effectively elimante the need for the remote audio adapter. when i want to use the remote display i could just reach down and flip the switch - powering up the remote display and shutting down the main units display. i dont know if it would work - what do you guys think? i would have the main unit plugged into the direct wire hookup and the swith between the direct wire hookup and the remote display.
    BullyDawg.
    I'm just around the corner in Peachtree City. If you need some help with the set up, feel free to drop by and I'll give you a hand. We can go ahead and wire up the hard wire kit, so that it is ready once your concealed mod arrives from Clay.

there are so many people from Ga on here, one of these days we just need to have a forum GA get together .

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood1972
    BullyDawg.

there are so many people from Ga on here, one of these days we just need to have a forum GA get together .
    X2 X2

Speed Demon

sounds good. may be we could get together and do some real world testing. my hardwire install will be done soon. i am awaiting the new display and the other unit to come in - in the meantime i am rolling over a couple ideas for custom installation. everything from a motorized unit coming out of the dash etc. it has to have some coolness factor - i just havent decided yet. i did custom stereo installs for years so i am trying to come up with something totally "off the hook" here. its going in my quad cab dodge - anybody got any ideas?

Radar Fanatic

sounds good. may be we could get together and do some real world testing. my hardwire install will be done soon. i am awaiting the new display and the other unit to come in - in the meantime i am rolling over a couple ideas for custom installation. everything from a motorized unit coming out of the dash etc. it has to have some coolness factor - i just havent decided yet. i did custom stereo installs for years so i am trying to come up with something totally "off the hook" here. its going in my quad cab dodge - anybody got any ideas?
    see im going to do the same thing. my display should be here tomo hopefully. you cant just stick it somewhere, it has to be unique.

Speed Demon

yeah - i know. must be cool. nothing else will do.at one time or another someone sold a bare motorized chassis that you could mount in the radio opening and then mount the radio into it so that when a button was pushed it would flip the door down and the radio would pull forward into the opening. i have an opening just below my heater controls that could be modified for this new chassis. when closed you would see nothing but the blank faceplate. i would hit the button and it would fold down and the "faceplate" with the remote display, remote audio control, and the jammer controls all mounted right where you're hand would be if laying on your right knee. i am concerned though with mounting it "that low" and having too take my eye off the road to see it. my other idea was to mount the display in the center of my speedometer assembly and just making a piece to fill the opening in the dash and mounting the remote audio and jammer controls there so they are within about 4 inches reach when driving. i have gotten used to lifting a finger and hitting the mute button on my x50 so that is a must for me when driving.

Newcomer

Check out the pics of this conceled display someone posted on the forum awhile back. I t looks pretty trick!

http://www.radardetector.net/V1-in-V...all-13024t.php

Power User

Yeah looks good but the location has got to kill the range of the v1! :x

Newcomer

I was refering to the location of the concealed display in the instrument cluster. I agree that the main unit being stuffed way back there in the 3rd brake light will significantly reduce signal reception.

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply to the PM. 8)