Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default X50 user to V1 3.826 - J's J's and More J J J J J J J J

Well guys, a little update on my Valentine experience.

I purchased one to try out around the end of May and it seemed to work fine until -

I seem to be plauged by this imfamous J issue.

70% to 80% of my KAs that I get are J'ed out after a few seconds. I have also got about 5 laser falses just in the month I've had it! I have software version 3.826 which seems to have been in use since last Fall and was supposed to fix getting J'ed out all the time.

Yes, I have ruled out the interference factors. I don't have adaptive cruise control, XM sat. radio, or anything along those lines, and there are no Lexus'es, BMWs, or Mercedes near me when this happens - and it happens in urban areas as well as country areas.

I by the way have a 2006 Pontiac GTO, so I need my Valentine to be in commission! I called Valentine because I wanted them to send me a new Valentine and then I could send this one back - so I wouldnt have to be without it for several days, I even wanted to give them my credit card to secure the returning of my unit. They were reluctant on this and wouldnt budge, they even let me talk to Mike Valentine himself, and he wouldn't budge.

This is ridiculous I have to be without my detector for days, for only having it just OVER 30 days. (got it end of May).

MY X50 is starting to look better and better.

Radar Fanatic

Not to be rude, but do you really blame them for not cross shipping? So what - they have a credit card number. They send to you - you cancel your credit card. Do you think they are really going to come after you? Probably not because it won't be financially worth it to them.

But moving on - your fales - weird. I've had a few legit J's - I believe 4 to be exact. 3 Lasers - where it wasn't a real LEO laser

- 2 Trail Blazer / Envoys
    - 1 Airport

Other than that, it sounds like you got a v1 just like air moore.

Power User

Default Re: X50 user to V1 3.826 - J's J's and More J J J J J J J J

Quote Originally Posted by coastal_carolina
    and aint that the truth, i was also thinking of buying a V1 but after jumping into the V1 forum section and reading all the horror stories, im kinda turned off to the whole idea

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    im kinda turned off to the whole idea
    Don't be the v1 is a awesome detector!

Radar Fanatic

For me, the "J" factor is no big deal. I have had my detecter for a year now and have had maybe 4 "J" alerts total.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    For me, the "J" factor is no big deal. I have had my detecter for a year now and have had maybe 4 "J" alerts total.
    I've had mine for several years now, upgraded to 3.826 as soon as it came out, and can tell you it really is not an issue here. I've had the detector j out maybe 2 legit KA band signals, but both times after alerting like 30 seconds before I ever saw the cop. So 30 seconds of beeping, then as soon as the cop car was right next to me it went J. So I pretty much was warned...

Keep in mind this is the price you pay for useable pop mode. Most x50 users I've read in this forum keep POP mode off because of constant falsing.

Radar Fanatic

Well guys, a little update on my Valentine experience.

I purchased one to try out around the end of May and it seemed to work fine until -

I seem to be plauged by this imfamous J issue.

70% to 80% of my KAs that I get are J'ed out after a few seconds. I have also got about 5 laser falses just in the month I've had it! I have software version 3.826 which seems to have been in use since last Fall and was supposed to fix getting J'ed out all the time.

Yes, I have ruled out the interference factors. I don't have adaptive cruise control, XM sat. radio, or anything along those lines, and there are no Lexus'es, BMWs, or Mercedes near me when this happens - and it happens in urban areas as well as country areas.

I by the way have a 2006 Pontiac GTO, so I need my Valentine to be in commission! I called Valentine because I wanted them to send me a new Valentine and then I could send this one back - so I wouldnt have to be without it for several days, I even wanted to give them my credit card to secure the returning of my unit. They were reluctant on this and wouldnt budge, they even let me talk to Mike Valentine himself, and he wouldn't budge.

This is ridiculous I have to be without my detector for days, for only having it just OVER 30 days. (got it end of May).

So you're getting laser and Ka falses in rural areas, with no vehicles around? If yes, that is not a good sign. Keep in mind you will be able to pick up Inifity SUVs with the laser cruise control up to a mile away sometimes. 5 laser falses in a month does not seem excessive though, but where they are happening would concern me.

With a car like yours, you should be keeping your X50 as a backup anyways. :wink: I could not imagine driving without an RD.

GTO_04

Professional

it is not only the high-line vehicles using adaptive cruise these days, I have gotten alerts from Yota's too.

And with the coin floating around your area, I bet ther are all kinds of yuppie yota-drivers flitting about. causing your laser alert woes.

Radar Fanatic

Actually when I said I had my V1 for over a year- I misspoke. I have had the current version for about 7 months but the actual RD for over 2 yrs now and have done the usual software/hardware updates. Of the 4 or so "J" alerts, 3 of them were from other RD's and I couldnt confirm the other one.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by holein1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    im kinda turned off to the whole idea
    Don't be the v1 is a awesome detector!
    well yeah i know that I tested Outrun's V1 next to my X50 buring a round of Laser testing a while back and it performs VERY WELL, but the horror stories and the 'difficult' user interface (programming is so much easier on an X50), and I like the fact that I can recieve 8 signals, tell which band EACH of them is and the strength of all of them, V1 shows strength on the strongest one, and if its displaying 5 on the counter and the Ka, K and X LEDs are up, I wanna know how many are Ka, and K, and could care less about the X