Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Latest V1 software

I have 3.818 version software. I was reading about version 3.824. What is the difference? I just visited the V1 website and under upgrades I typed in my serial number and it says that I have the latest.

Advanced Member

As of 3.821 and later they added Euro Mode, and 3.824 addresses an issue with getting the "J" junk alert on actual police radar sources.

Jim

Radar Fanatic

Thanks- much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    As of 3.821 and later they added Euro Mode, and 3.824 addresses an issue with getting the "J" junk alert on actual police radar sources.

Jim
    What's "Euro" mode?

Thanks,
    JiM

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by shooter2jim
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz

Jim
    What's "Euro" mode?

Thanks,
    JiM
    KU band

Newcomer

Euro mode has nothing to do with Ku Band. It's a mode that should help you against low powered Ka radar.

Manufacturer

That's correct. The new Euro mode has to do with multinova and gatso photo/radar usage that is prevalent in Europe.

Multinova is a Ka radar that is very difficult to detect with conventional radar detectors.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Manufacturer

This is information is posted with the permission of Valentine Research about their new software and was provided to me by a VR "software engineer" for our consumption:

Versions 3.821 and higher have the "Euro" mode(enabled through feature character "u" = down arrow).

The Euro mode improves Ka Photo(Multa-Nova) covers Ka and K Pop as well as Ku band(Mini-Gatso) radars.

I does quite well on the Multa-Nova frequencies and should out perform any competitor by a significant margin.

I've included a document that I assembled as an explanation. It's not a formal company document but I think it gets the point across:

European Mode Description (Valentine One version 3.821 and higher)
    Beginning with version 3.821, all Valentine One's will include the function of "European Mode".

This mode will configure the Valentine One to concentrate it's operation on the radar bands popular in most European countries.The radar bands are listed below:

Ka Photo Radar band (MULTANOVA 6F - enabled in either "U" or "u" modes)
    Ku Radar band (enabled when user function "H" is enabled)
    K Radar band (disabled in "u" mode)
    Ka Pop band (BEE III - enabled in either "U" or "u" modes)
    K Pop band (ENFORCER - disabled in "u" mode)

* The "Euro" mode can be enabled by entering User Programming and manipulating the "u" feature. The user will see "E" "u" "r" sequence on power-up when "Euro"mode is enabled.

* To enable the "K false suppression", the user must program the "7","b","C","d","E","F" and "G"features as in previous versions.

* During "Euro" mode operation, the user will see either "u" or "U" in the Bogey Counter display.

* The "U" mode will cause the Valentine One to sweep both K Radar band and Ka Photo Radar band.

* The "u" mode will cause the Valentine One to sweep the Ka Photo Radar band ONLY.

* The "H" feature will enable Ku band for either of these modes.

* The "J" feature will disable Pop detection. ("U" or "u" modes)

-----------------

Notice the reference to "K band false suppression!"

My thanks goes out to the VR engineer who has made this "pre-document" available to us forum members.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Founder of Stealthvation

Good stuff Bob but I am affraid that I can use the K band false suppresion in my area since 95% of the radar used is K band. :cry:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!