Thread: "J"

Radar Fanatic

Default "J"

i know this may be stupid but i was just wondering was this mean and must must happen or what situation u have to be in order for this to occur.

V1 Zombie

Well reading between the lines :shock: . I'm thinking you mean what makes the V1 "J".
    VR have developed a "J" (meaning JUNK DETECTOR alert) alert. What happens is that some detectors are very leaky . This in turn sends out a false alert which is picked up by other detectors and then relayed to the owner as cop which it is not. VR have a thing call "Ka guard" which works really well most of the time. However sometimes the "leaky signal" is so strong that the V1 relays this to the driver as a real cop. So the dude has to slow down and look out for cop's that aren't really there which pisses me off for a start. So VR have and are developing a thing call a "J" alert which works well most of the time all it does is tell the driver it's not a cop its somebody else's detector. To Date no other detector come even close to what VR have done in that field God bless them!

Old Timer

To Date no other detector come even close to what VR have done in that field
    They should make it optional for you to turn it off since it J's real cops as well :wink:

No ather company has touched this because they got a patent on it.

Professional

VR and there Patents---I love them guys

V1 Zombie

Yeah sethy. It makes me wounder Bell has like 9 million patents and they still missed out on the arrow's, Ka guard,and "J" alert. VR are a very small but yet make ice cream better than Bell 8)

Old Timer

honestly, I dont think BEL needs KA guards. I dont think I have ever had a belscort product false on KA.

I do think they need to get some ideas thought. VR has come up with some great stuff.

V1 Zombie

I had so many Ka false with my RX65 it sucked big time. Strange eh. I believe you 100% Sethy when you say you never got ka falses, do you guys have like 10 lane roads around you city or something?

Old Timer

I never had the rx65. I only rode with the x50. My city is 2 lanes going each direction with a center median. I guess since the rx65 has better KA range, I wouldnt doubt it at all if you got KA falses.