Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Well, V1 Is Going Back :(

I have had the V1 for about two weeks now and besides all of the falsing, I love it. I have really gotten used to the bogey counter and the arrows. Anyway, the wife says its got to go back. I have been scheming all day, trying to think of a way to keep it, but alas she is not having it.

So to help ease the pain (and save a little money) I have ordered the RX-65 from Ray. My wife wanted me to buy something cheap to hold me over, but I really didn't want to buy anything without Ku coverage. I know there are no guns out in the US with Ku yet, but once it hits I am betting they will begin showing up everywhere. That said, I can't see spending $150 on a detector to "hold me over" that doesn't have Ku coverage. Seems like a waste of $150 in my opinion, might as well apply the $150 to something a little nicer like the RX-65.

Besides, from all accounts, the RX-65 is a fine detector. And even though I will MISS the arrows, I am sure I will be satisfied with the Bel.

Experienced

Well, here´s a question: are you in any financial difficulty? If not, tell your wife to stuff it. Like you said, you love the thing, so who is she to tell you to send it back?

Founder of Stealthvation

The RX65 is ONE HELL of a detector. At first I was not that impressed (but then again I do not use it that much it is in my wife's SUV) but after this past weekend (see my videos in the video section under 5/14/05) I am EXTREMELY impressed with it. It has made a believer out of me. I have owned the RD850, the RX65, the X50, and the V1. YOu cant go wrong with it. Like a hypocrit though I sold my RX65 for an X50 because me and my wife missed the Multi Threat display. I will test out the X50 this weekend with videos.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Newcomer

Default dern women...

If you're sending it back due to money, but buying an RX-65, seems like you're only putting $80 to $160 in your pocket ... is it worth it? Are you that broke?

Once we're married, we should be sent a 'Title' showing that we (the husbands) own our wives. Then they can't tell us what to do.

Actually, I think a marriage should be a contract for 5 years. Somewhere near the end of 5 years you can opt to 'renew' the contract or the contract would just end. If that were the case, there would be a lot less divorces, and I would already be free man!

- JyRO

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: dern women...

Quote Originally Posted by JyRO
    If you're sending it back due to money, but buying an RX-65, seems like you're only putting $80 to $160 in your pocket ... is it worth it? Are you that broke?

Once we're married, we should be sent a 'Title' showing that we (the husbands) own our wives. Then they can't tell us what to do.

Actually, I think a marriage should be a contract for 5 years. Somewhere near the end of 5 years you can opt to 'renew' the contract or the contract would just end. If that were the case, there would be a lot less divorces, and I would already be free man!

- JyRO
    Amen to that. Marriage is another version of a business. The only problem is that the female partner becomes the major shareholder by law :cry:

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

We are doing just fine financially. Really it doesn't make sense to me either. I am just the husband and unfourtunately my wife rules the roost. Whoever said that the husband is the head of household must have been on some old-school version of crack. Everyone I know with a "good" marriage seems to have the wife wearing the pants.
    BTW, I ended up saving a little over $100. If you are on Roy's mailing list he gives you a $30 discount on the RX65.

Founder of Stealthvation

Acefreely I lost respect for you. My buuuuuuuatch is in check and I mother fugen wear the pants in my family!

buyradardetectors rocks!

I thought the same thing, but then I called her bluff. She left, I was pretty distrought. Now I am whooped forever. I mean I wouldn't care, it's just the thought of some other dude bonnin' my old lady that gets me. Believe me I would love the freedom that a divorce would provide, I am just not able to stomach the thought of my wife with another guy. I've been through it before though, it goes away, eventually, it just takes a while sometimes. Point is - I am whooped for life...

To demonstrate - a week ago last Sunday night, I was up late kickin' back some brews with my neighbors, one of them gets a bright idea, "Lets go up to TK's Pub and shoot some pool." Now TK's is not your average "pub." It should be called "TK's Meat Factory." There are tons of young hotties there. Anyway, I went (reluctantly, as really a married man has no business at a place like this) and had a bit of a bad night. I ran into some old aquantances that I would have rather not have seen, stirred up bad memories (I used to be very wild, the guy I ran into and I went from Louisville to Miami on $0.25, you can imagine the things we did to get there, stealing and such, not proud of it). Basically I didn't want to talk about it the next day, so I didn't tell my wife. Well after a couple of days I forgot about it, bad mistake. One of the other guys wives told mine, blah, blah, I am sure you all know what happened next.
    Now flash forward to this past Saturday night. I am watching TV with the "better half" and having a good time. About midnight she heads to bed. I am half drunk and still well awake so I decide to give one of my neighbors a call. He is up (of course), drinking some beer and playing darts. I decide to stroll on down his way to kick back some more beers (I ran out at home). About the time I make it to his driveway (walking, he only lives one street over) the phone rings. Dammit! I think to myself, I woke her up when I was leaving. She proceeds to rip my a$$ for leaving and I need to get home now, blah, blah. I get the whole, you are married and you have a small child you should not be out running around all night. So I came home. I am whooped and it really is sad...

Yoda of Radar

Ouch... that's horrible... :shock:

Founder of Stealthvation

I know what you mean about being miserable. Me and my old lady seperated a while back. All I can tell you is that I am no ones slave and will speak my mind when need to. Ladies seem to be happy when they are the boss but that **** dont work with me

buyradardetectors rocks!