Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default KA band on the V1

Can someone tell me how the V1 does with Ka band? i have been running into it consistently with my pro65 lately which makes me think its becoming more widely used in my area. I am considering a V1 and just want to make sure it's up to speed like the Bel65 is said to be.

Advanced Member

Test results will vary a bit, but V1 is always at or near the top on Ka.

According to available lab sensitivity numbers, V1 is the most sensitive:
    http://www.radardetector.net/STI%2C-...1%21-8259t.php

Professional

but those are numbers and not real world....Around corners and over hills the RX65 performs much better then the V1 on Ka band. Mine have proven it time and time again.

Newcomer

actually, around hills and corners is how i find Ka band. How does the V1 compare to the rx65 there?

Lead Foot

The RX-65 for the most part, smokes the V-1.
    I've made some adjustments to my V1 that make it compareable to the Bel. At least I think so, but if your looking for protection against LEO's operating with Ka guns, go with the Bel. The down side to the Bel may unfortunately be that it my die on you and/or give you a lot of technical problems over and over in a very short time.

Good Citizen

Ive had many KA alerts here in Arizona since my V1 and i couldnt be more impressed... im talking about around corners, up hills etc......Long range detection even at the worst situations.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Datagg
    Ive had many KA alerts here in Arizona since my V1 and i couldnt be more impressed... im talking about around corners, up hills etc......Long range detection even at the worst situations.
    Here too.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by aaseavey
    but those are numbers and not real world....Around corners and over hills the RX65 performs much better then the V1 on Ka band. Mine have proven it time and time again.
    I am just curious how someone would determine how detectors measure up against each other in real world snce you can't run both at the same time, the radar might be different strengths, different angles, and from different leo's.

I would trust lab numbers in that scenario because those numbers are repeatable with little variance during testing.

Maybe in the "real world" as you state, the only way to compare is with a leo helping perform the testing, is that what you have done?

Good Citizen

Well I base it on the same scenerio every single day on my 1,000 miles a week commute back and fourth to work.

They have many hiding places, yet when they are there the reaction to the detector and its tiems are clear to me. The x50 wasnt as quick to pick them up, while the V1 sees them way in advance.

It may not be the best way to test them, yet with 1,000 miles of the same commute day in and day out i see alot of traps and i can say that the V1 is by far the best for seeking them out.

Good Citizen

On my trip last week, every Ka band alert that went past the lowest detection strength turned out to be a cruiser either sitting on the side of the road or on the highway behind or in front of me. All of these encounters gave more than ample warning time for me to check my speed. On one occasion, I was driving on a country road with very limited forward visibility. The strength of the Ka band went right off the scale very quickly and several seconds later, two Maine State Troopers came flying towards me with their lights on apparently responding to a police emergency. I'm very confident using my V1 which is roughly a month old now.

scrapser