Is it worth it?
Is it worth it?
I will say it again...Originally Posted by f_399
There are no bug fixes or performance improvements in the 3.851 software. There is only a hardware device added for "manufacturing convenience" - not performance.
I would wait a while until they fix the "E" problems with the new units. :wink:
- * Many users getting "E" error and have to send the unit back to VR
* "Temperature compensation" device changed from analog to digital
*Is for "manufacturing convenience" not performance
*No bug fixes
*J bug still exists with new version
*Valentine Reps say will not affect performance
*Mike Valentine himself says will not affect performance
*There will still be software updates for the 3.826
I sure wish Happyass or outrun would gather a few 3.826's and 3.851's and do a QUICK performance test--nothing fancy and settle this delima!
COme on Happyass--Outrun
Quick performance tests are not going to settle anything. We would need a GOL test to settle this - and with several models of the different versions. :wink:Originally Posted by Holla
some members including happyass have said there were some improvements
That's fine, but he also said the 3.826 was perfect when it first came out.Originally Posted by f_399
He could have increased performance - but that could be due to manufacture variance.
We would need a GOL test to settle this - and with several models of the different versions.
Why isn't their a third choice, sending your 3.826 in for upgrade to 3.851?
$shipping + $75Originally Posted by Space Wrangler
my v1 is still fairly new, so right now i am better of on ebay
if i had an older revision i probably wouldnt get as much
I sent my 3.826 in for the 3.851 upgrade. Thats why I didnt vote.Originally Posted by Space Wrangler
Wait for an upgrade.
Otherwise, I'd fork over the $75. Even though most of my transactions both selling and buying on E-bay have been good, when the item's cost is over $100 I start getting nervous for the other shoe to drop. I've worried that someone would pay for it by Paypal and then it would be someone with thier identity stolen and then they'd freeze my Paypal, bank accounts, and credit card until they straightened it out which could be several weeks and I still may get screwed. Or, some idiot do a chargeback and they freeze my Paypal account, bank accounts, credit card etc. for weeks and then its up to you to prove things.
Even if you go by the book on shipping, etc. the decision could be very subjective leaving you screwed over pretty hard.
Like I said, makes me nervous, but I've done OK with E-bay thus far, but again, it would only take once on a 4,5,$600 or more item and it would overide all those positive transactions I've had in a hurry.