Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New V1 User!!!!!

I just went on my first trip with my new V1!!!!! Wow!!!

The only detector I've ever used was a top of the line Cobra from Wal-Mart. Ouch! I returned it the next day after purchase!
    Didn't like gettting warnings after the cop pulled up next to me :roll: .

SO after going a year or so, biting my nails when on business trips all over my state, I broke down and bought a new V1.

When I opened it on Friday I was like: "This thing is tiny, this is the best there is?". Well I guess good things come in small packages - because this was the most stress free trip I've had in a long time.

The only thing that got me mad is, sometimes I'd pass cops and wouldn't get a warning - and other times I'd get plently of warning. Oh course when it didn't beep - I'd have to tell myself "they're powered down, I'm invisable anyway".

What a great feeling - if they're scanning I know about it - if they're not, I don't care anyway.

It's my new "third eye", no more straining to see what's in route to me from the horizon.

I found out the cops in my area are using K and KA - the little arrows are fun! Beep, beep, beep - forward, side to side, and bye-bye 8) .

Take that, mobile IRS!!!!!

-DE

Professional

I guess i should tell you about "Instant-On" as a Karma booster for my life account.

Instant on is a fokker!!!
    It will get you every time detector or not, if the leo is not actively tracking a speed of another vehicle, you'll have no prior warning. Just a full strength alert, and a nice ticket to go with it.

Also, vascar is undetectable, along with ESP, Pace, and visual estimates.

Do not think you are ticket proof even with the best detector known in this universe available to the general public.

So my advice is keep the foot off the pedal until you learn the capabilities of your new toy. Remember it is a "RADAR DETECTOR" not a cop detector!

Speed Demon

ANOTHER ZOMBIE>...they're getting thick in here :shock:

What is vascar?

Zombie - really.

Thanks for the positive comment :roll: .

-DE

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Element
    What is vascar?

Zombie - really.

Thanks for the positive comment :roll: .

-DE
    VASCAR
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VASCAR (Visual Average Speed Computer And Recorder) is a technology for determining the speed of a moving vehicle. It is used by police officers to catch speeders, mainly in jurisductions where RADAR and/or LIDAR are illegal, or to prevent detection by those with radar detectors. A VASCAR unit couples a stopwatch with a simple computer. Speed calculation is done by dividing the distance between two markers by the time the target vehicle takes to travel between the markers

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by jdreynss
    ANOTHER ZOMBIE>...they're getting thick in here :shock:
    Who and what are you refering to as a zombie?

V1 Zombie

i'm a zombie. Ask ES13raven what a zombie is

Hey thanks for the info on Vascar.

I don't think they do that out here = it'd take too much effort.

Still waiting to run into instant on = not sure I want to.

Intown speed = Limit + 5-8 (photo radar + cops everywhere)

My city found out about all the money to be made with speeding tickets and are lowering speed limits everywhere. 30mpg on main drags, it's an outrage. I understand low limits in school zones - and agree. But on 6 lane roads that used to be 45mpg zones. No way! V1 to the rescue.

Here's a question: Can cops get in trouble for speeding? I mean if their lights aren't on, siren not screaming - are they allowed to speed?
    Over here they run all over the place, at whatever speed they feel like (and I do see them turn their lights on to get thru red lights only to turn them off once they're thru).

Can you stop a cop and take his/her info and turn them in?

-DE

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback
    Who and what are you refering to as a zombie?
    V1 Zombie = A negative reference to a brain-less forum member that thinks the V1 is perfect and has no flaws. They will rag on the X50, RX65 and other detectors but will get upset if anyone rags on the V1. They are closed-minded and start arguments instead of having intelligent discussions.

V1 Enthusiast = A positive reference to a forum member that likes the V1, but knows that it is far from perfect. They may also enjoy other radar detectors, are open-minded and like to discuss the technical aspects of the V1 - good and bad.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven

V1 Enthusiast = A positive reference to a forum member that likes the V1, but knows that it is far from perfect. They may also enjoy other radar detectors and are open-minded and intelligent.
    Well, maybe without the inteligent part.