Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nailed with v3.818 -- no warning

Hey all,

I've been a loyal V1 owner for at least 5 years, and I've kept my units up to date over the years. (Upgraded when pop came out)

I was just nabbed in AZ on I-17 and I have no idea what model of radar ADPS was using, but I never received an alert at all. I use the unit in "L" mode all the time, and I'm hoping that's not why I was nabbed. I don't know if the LEO used POP or some newer KA freq or what. All I know, I was never alerted. I *assume* I was instant on'd.

I have the unit mounted on my visor, with a permanent hardwire install. I drive a fullsize pickup truck.

Is is possible that my unit is defective, or is there something new out there that we can't pick up?

I was so pissed, I've already ordered a Bell RX65 after reading some reviews.

I do know that my unit will *NOT* pick up some of the newer speed signs (signs that display your speed as you drive by). I was so stunned by this I made a u-turn to try it again. With my front bumper touching the sign, I finally got a single beep...beep...beep. I figured they were using some new band or super low power gun in the sign. Now that I've been nailed by DPS with it, it's a different story.

My unit often scares the crap out of me with the "J" warning, which I was told was "junk" and to ignore.

Burned by a V1 in AZ.

Speed Demon

Default Re: Nailed with v3.818 -- no warning

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick2
    Hey all,

I've been a loyal V1 owner for at least 5 years, and I've kept my units up to date over the years. (Upgraded when pop came out)

I was just nabbed in AZ on I-17 and I have no idea what model of radar ADPS was using, but I never received an alert at all. I use the unit in "L" mode all the time, and I'm hoping that's not why I was nabbed. I don't know if the LEO used POP or some newer KA freq or what. All I know, I was never alerted. I *assume* I was instant on'd.

I have the unit mounted on my visor, with a permanent hardwire install. I drive a fullsize pickup truck.

Is is possible that my unit is defective, or is there something new out there that we can't pick up?

I was so pissed, I've already ordered a Bell RX65 after reading some reviews.

I do know that my unit will *NOT* pick up some of the newer speed signs (signs that display your speed as you drive by). I was so stunned by this I made a u-turn to try it again. With my front bumper touching the sign, I finally got a single beep...beep...beep. I figured they were using some new band or super low power gun in the sign. Now that I've been nailed by DPS with it, it's a different story.

My unit often scares the crap out of me with the "J" warning, which I was told was "junk" and to ignore.

Burned by a V1 in AZ.
    I think that V1 needs repair. It don't show speed signs.. They would not waste there money on a speed sign for ultra stealth.

One way is to test it against the RX65. See if it detects the sign far away.
    If so.. V1 is in need of repair. Send the RX65 back. and send in the V1.

Professional

Big "L" mode? on the highway?

That is suspect right there, I only use that mode when in a heavily polluted with microwave signal area. Mine is always in "A" mode when on any highway.

And a fast-triggering leo with instant may defeat it, But I do not know for sure.

I would request the information needed for a defense. and see what he was using.

Some speed signs use a constant wave FM modulation unit to interpret speeds and are undetectable, but it is not ok for use by law enforcement.

was it laser? I can see that not triggering an alert if he was a real good aim.

Maybe it was VASCAR?

Good Citizen

yes does the ticket say "laser" "radar" or "vascar" anywhere? Did the officer say why he pulled you over? Was he pacing you when you thought he was just another car?

V1 should have given you some kind of alert

Power User

As far as i know, the V1 has a faster response time with instant on than the belscort units. The belscort's has a bit of delay wth instant on. However, i had one instance were my V1 frozed with constant Ka band(had this one time only with 3 RD's at the same time with the X50 and RX65 since i owned it) and got no alert whatsoever. Your V1 might need some repair or calibration. Did you do any automuting programs?

The box is checked for radar. He was hiding in the center median, and I never saw him until he turned on his headlights to pull out after me. I slammed on my brakes, mainly because I thought it was a car going the wrong direction on the interstate.

I was ticketed for 89 in a 75 at 10:30 at night. I was the lone car on the road and it was a downhill run after a curve. Perfect spot for instant on, even if it was day time as opposed to pitch black. Over 85 is criminal in my state.

I'm guessing, he had maybe tops 3-5 seconds to "shoot" me before passing him from the curve at highway speeds.

He did the usual following as he ran the plate, but I was doing 70 at that time.

I was absolutely stunned by it. Not by being instant on'd, but by the V1 not going off.

I leave the unit in "L" mode, simply because I thought it only filtered "x" band. (doors and such)

Professional

Even in L mode you should have gotten a warning from your standpoint! How old is the V-1 from when you updated it?

Mine had to be sent in because it drifted WAY out of tune after a few years and I was not getting anything on mine. Send it in because its definatly sick :cry:

Professional

you're v1 is out of tune, even with instant on it should go off right in front of him no matter what mode you're in

Lead Foot

Def outa tune...send it back and let us know....

Professional

Thats one thing VR NEEDS to do is have a complete self test of the whole radar detector to check stuff like is it in tune and everything is A-OK! Mine was dead as a doornail and I never got a error or any indication that something was wrong!

We need a 100% self test to let us know we are OK