Newcomer

Default Question on V1 Upgrade

Forgive the Noob post....I've read a lot of posts and searched a bit, but am new here too....

I have a several year old V1....will check which version tomorrow, but overall, if it's 5-7 years old and seems to work just fine for me, what will I really gain by sending it in for an update?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Question on V1 Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp
    Forgive the Noob post....I've read a lot of posts and searched a bit, but am new here too....

I have a several year old V1....will check which version tomorrow, but overall, if it's 5-7 years old and seems to work just fine for me, what will I really gain by sending it in for an update?

Sending it in right now to the newest version... probably a $75 lighter pocket (Probably more), a big headache trying to keep up with what each new Rev is correcting/what problems its causing... POP detection.

Sending it in for the .826... POP detection, J'ing out real threats, probably better Ka, a lighter pocket... knowing your V1 hasn't fallen out of tune over the past ~6 years, and if it has... brought back to within specs.

V1 dave or someone else can probably tell you a bit more specifically what each upgrade costs, and what will be different, or you could call VR tommarow and simply ask.

Professional

Go to the V1 website, go to upgrades and enter your serial #. It will tell you if there are any major upgrades for your unit.