Experienced

Default PNI Sensoro Silver Bullet didn't trip the J on 3.826

After all the reports of J'ing out real threats I thought I'd post a counter story about my commute tonight. So I'm in rush hour traffic, stop and go at maybe 5mph when I start getting a Ka alert from the back. I check my mirror and sure enough, in next lane over and a few cars back, there was a badly modded Civic with a detector mouted right under the mirror. His lane speed up and as he passed me I noticed the unmistakable profile of the Silver Bullet. Just as he passed me, the trusty arrows pointed to the front. His lane slowed and I passed him again We did this a number of times with the arrows keeping good time in our see-saw dance. This went on for about 10 minutes and remarkablely the V1 never Junk'd him out.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: PNI Sensoro Silver Bullet didn't trip the J on 3.826

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor
    After all the reports of J'ing out real threats I thought I'd post a counter story about my commute tonight. So I'm in rush hour traffic, stop and go at maybe 5mph when I start getting a Ka alert from the back. I check my mirror and sure enough, in next lane over and a few cars back, there was a badly modded Civic with a detector mouted right under the mirror. His lane speed up and as he passed me I noticed the unmistakable profile of the Silver Bullet. Just as he passed me, the trusty arrows pointed to the front. His lane slowed and I passed him again We did this a number of times with the arrows keeping good time in our see-saw dance. This went on for about 10 minutes and remarkablely the V1 never Junk'd him out.
    Does your 3.826 ever "J" out real police radar? Strong signals, regardless of the presence of harmonics, are supposed to override the Ka false alarm guard. This is according to the V1 patent.

GTO_04

Radar Fanatic

My V1, (3.826 - not the version I am using now) Jd out a couple of times on a real alert but not till I was practically eyeball to eyeball with the cop. By that time it didnt matter.

Professional

I had that same reaction from my V-1 from a cobra unit, it ramped-up just like a threat, and disappeared right after I passed a parked car, I pulled a U-turn and passed from the other direction and it was Full alert, ramping down along with distance. went back and watched/heard it ramp-up and disappaer when passed again. Talked with the guy to ask which detector was hanging in the corner of the windshield.

Some detectors emit a huge KA signal from the front (LO leakage, is my guess) and it is srong enough to trick the v-1 that it is a real threat.

personally, i would rather have the occasional false from another RD, than miss a KA threat and get nailed.

Get it back to them Staton,

Experienced

Default Re: PNI Sensoro Silver Bullet didn't trip the J on 3.826

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    Does your 3.826 ever "J" out real police radar? Strong signals, regardless of the presence of harmonics, are supposed to override the Ka false alarm guard. This is according to the V1 patent.

GTO_04
    I get J's all the time and have had only one ocurrance where I was following (actually stuck in the same traffic jam) as cop with his Ka for like 20 minutes before it finally J'd it out. This was on freeway, stop and go traffic at night. If a car with a Cobra or Sensoro drove by in the carpool lane I would haven't have seen it. So for my one encounter I cannot say beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was not a Junk detector that approached. I wish some of the board members with Ka guns would do some tests for us this.