V1 Zombie

Default V1 Carry case moment

I am very impressed with the V1 Carry case. The other night i was locking up my car when the phone went off inside my house. In a blazing rush i placed my carry case (V1 inside) on a bin lid beside the car. After a somewhat lengthy conversation on the phone i completely forgot about my V1.
    In the morning when i was leaving for work i noticed the V1's not in it's normal place! Then to my horror i remembered. It's ok as far as theft is concerned as the case is black and would be very hard to see in the dark but the night was cold and really damp. After feeling the outside of the carry case my worse fear was confirmed it was dam as a dish cloth. Then i unzipped it and to my great surprise the V1 was as dry as a bone! After placing the unit in the sun for half of the day (to be sure) I then tried it out and to my great joy it worked just like new. It would seem to me that there is a bit more to a “carry case” than just something to hold on to.

Radar Fanatic

Glad its ok, if you left the v1 in your car after use and its warm but outside is freezing then you'd may get damp appear on the v1 and everything else inside your car when you get in following morning.

just like when you open the bonnet and everything is wet because of condense.

major thing to do is if you think the internals may be damp let the unit dry out before turning it on.

i dont think damp is really a problem but if you got it wet then that would cause short circuits if turned on when wet.. take alook at car alarms they work in harsh enviroments and last years

Lead Foot

thats good ...and the drying part was a good idea better to be safe then sorry...

Radar Fanatic

Ya damp fool! lol

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1 Carry case moment

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    I am very impressed with the V1 Carry case. The other night i was locking up my car when the phone went off inside my house. In a blazing rush i placed my carry case (V1 inside) on a bin lid beside the car. After a somewhat lengthy conversation on the phone i completely forgot about my V1.
    In the morning when i was leaving for work i noticed the V1's not in it's normal place! Then to my horror i remembered. It's ok as far as theft is concerned as the case is black and would be very hard to see in the dark but the night was cold and really damp. After feeling the outside of the carry case my worse fear was confirmed it was dam as a dish cloth. Then i unzipped it and to my great surprise the V1 was as dry as a bone! After placing the unit in the sun for half of the day (to be sure) I then tried it out and to my great joy it worked just like new. It would seem to me that there is a bit more to a “carry case” than just something to hold on to.
    So lucky on that one man, so lucky

imagine if u ran over it € :P

V1 Zombie

the car has never been started without the V1 in it period!

however thats a bad place to go to :?