Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I wait.

Newcomer

Default Should I wait.

I've been wanting a v1 for quite awhile now and I'm wondering if you guys think i should tough out a few weeks for an update or if i should go ahead and order a 3.854?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Should I wait.

Quote Originally Posted by EsseX
    I've been wanting a v1 for quite awhile now and I'm wondering if you guys think i should tough out a few weeks for an update or if i should go ahead and order a 3.854?
    You can ether wait cuz the V1 is still screwing up or you could do what a lot of V1 owners are doing and that is ordering the X50. No real problems have been noted and i have had nothing but the best experiences with it

Lead Foot

I would wait ...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EasY E
    I would wait ...

Only the v1 zombies will disagree.

Good Citizen

i am running a old old software version and am going to wait...i would do the same if i were you

Professional

Default Re: Should I wait.

Quote Originally Posted by EsseX
    Well here is what is going on with the V1. The biggest problem is if KA is a threat to you then be prepared to not get good overall protection. Although, with mine (3.854) I get enough warning time to slow down to the PSL (Posted Speed Limit) but I normally don't go over unless I am in a hurry. The other problem is you may get an "E" which means that the temperature inside the V1 is too hot ( + 140 F) With this I got it two times since I've owned it for only a week now. Both times I was in an A/C car so its hard to figure how it got that hot? I left the V1 in the sun with no A/C and it didn't display the E, so it may not all be the temperature. And finally, the "J" for junking. I have not had my V1 do this yet with a real LEO yet but others have said it does so I am only going by what they say. The J only happens with KA and no other band. I think :?

So other than all that the V1 is doing great I ordered mine knowing all of this and I am still happy, but the final decision is up to you! Like Bear-Tweezy said the X50 is doing problem free and has some great city filtering that I noticed when I had it for a short while (13 1/2 days) The arrows on the V1 are nice, but all you really need is to know that a threat is out there waiting for you not necessarily where it is waiting. And all this from a guy who owns and loves the mighty V1!!! So good luck with your decision!

Sincerely,

Ace_Racer

Good Citizen

Just order the thing. Technology is advancing at a rate that it does not matter how long you wait there will always be something better out there.

Radar Fanatic

I would wait until this v1 thing is fixed, because you can guarantee that you will get the E and will have to return it to vr for reapir / check.

and if thats not bad enough you may have ka detection problems...

you can't expect the most sophisticated detector not to have problems, when you put software and chips inside something expect problems.

Professional

wait until they come out with a newer firmware

Newcomer

I'm trying to convince my self to hold out for a v1 but, if somthing stable isn't out in a week or two I think I'll pick up a x50 instead.