Old Timer

Default V1 "instant on" k band save yesterday!

Well thx to the V1, LEO sitting in the median shooting "instant on" k band yesterday. Instant on is deadly regardless of what detector you use. The V1 picked it up quite well.

Lead Foot

Good yeah your safe for the most part as long as you have a rabbit...

Good Citizen

Default Re: V1 "instant on" k band save yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    Well thx to the V1, LEO sitting in the median shooting "instant on" k band yesterday. Instant on is deadly regardless of what detector you use. The V1 picked it up quite well.
    Congrats...I have had many saves as well

Professional

when you had the instant on, what was the strength of it and what mode were you one, cause i have had one amazing instant on were i had it it logic mode and 7 sec automute, well right when i got the instant on it was exactly 4 bars so it broke the automute limit letting my know, it worked perfectly!

Same thing happened to me last night. I was speeding on the highway with my friend, and all of a sudden the Laser alert went off at full-strength. About half a mile later we saw a cop chasing after 1 guy. Hehehe, that's an awesome experience for a 2-day V1 newbie like me.

Professional

Congrats on the V1 VietTroop, i just got mine recently too and i think you will be very pleased.

Criticize, mine is version 3.856 too, and I have no problem so far. I've been testing it in 3-hour drive twice and nothing had happened (E error). So cool huh, I think we got the right version.
    By the way, I found that it's hard to take the detector off the rack and put it back on. Do you guys take it off after each use, or just leave it on 24/7 (assume there's not theft in the area) ?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by VietTroop
    By the way, I found that it's hard to take the detector off the rack and put it back on. Do you guys take it off after each use, or just leave it on 24/7 (assume there's not theft in the area) ?
    With practice it's pretty easy.. 2 seconds to take it down when you're not around is worth it so you dont have the chance of a broken window and a stolen V1

Old Timer

Default reply

Criticize, the signal strenth was lite up all the way. A hot chick was passing me as well. I had my friend w/ me in the car and he said, "It's a good thing you had that V1 up there when the cop was firing that gun". I thought the same.

Hey ProudMN, I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan too. I picked up Laser Scatter couple times already on US-131 between 28th and 54th-Street exit. One of my friend got hit by a LIDAR and had a ticket on that particular section for speeding 90/70 limit.