Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default What should I do?

Alright, as i stated in my other post, my V1 (3.818) has fallen out of tune pretty bad and is missing every K band. So i call up VR today and asked him how much it would cost. he said to just repair it may not cast anything, then i asked how much it would be to get it upgraded to the lastest firmware and he said $75. so what do yall think i should do? just have em fix it, or get the newest? im a little hesitant to get the newest cause of all the complaints about the "E".

Good Citizen

U should upgrade it.

Banned

Default Re: What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    Alright, as i stated in my other post, my V1 (3.818) has fallen out of tune pretty bad and is missing every K band. So i call up VR today and asked him how much it would cost. he said to just repair it may not cast anything, then i asked how much it would be to get it upgraded to the lastest firmware and he said $75. so what do yall think i should do? just have em fix it, or get the newest? im a little hesitant to get the newest cause of all the complaints about the "E".
    I SAY pay fpr the upgrade snice your v1` has fallen out of tune!!go for it.

Radar Fanatic

FYI, if all it needs is to be tuned, there is usually no charge.

I sent in my dad's 1.7 because I thought the K band was out of tune, and they repaired it N/C. It was purchased in '98! No need to upgrade IMHO.

GTO_04

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    FYI, if all it needs is to be tuned, there is usually no charge.
    .....and when the GOL does a test again, send it in to be tested so we can know the true potential of that firmware.

Professional

well so far i dont think has really been any problems with the E, i think there is only one case of it and it might not even be a "confirmed" case. i say for 75 bucks upgrade.

Good Citizen

Get it retuned for no charge if it was good when it was working and you were happy with it. Then wait till some thing new and better before paying the $75.00.

Yoda of Radar

I would just get it re-tuned A-Town, there is no reason to pay $75 dollars to upgrade the unit... when it seems as if you were happy with it (before it fell out of tune). So right now I would re-tune it (for free of charge), wait until GOL tests the .856 (or whatever they are up to), then if it is a monster... send it back in pay the 75 and then upgrade it.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    I would just get it re-tuned A-Town, there is no reason to pay $75 dollars to upgrade the unit... when it seems as if you were happy with it (before it fell out of tune). So right now I would upgrade it (for free of charge), wait until GOL tests the .856 (or whatever they are up to), then if it is a monster... send it back in and then upgrade it.
    I cant wait to see the results when they test it. Cause i personally already feel like its a monster . today me and my buddy are going to meet up by a K band your speed is sign and he has a X50 and we will check out the K and then we will move to a police training that has a Ka your speed is sign and we will see who has got what.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    I would just get it re-tuned A-Town, there is no reason to pay $75 dollars to upgrade the unit... when it seems as if you were happy with it (before it fell out of tune). So right now I would upgrade it (for free of charge), wait until GOL tests the .856 (or whatever they are up to), then if it is a monster... send it back in and then upgrade it.
    X2... there is no reason to deal with possible "E" errors. Plus we want your V1 to test in the GOL V1 head-to-head. :wink: