Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pics on setup?

Newcomer

Default pics on setup?

does anyone have pics on how they have thier v1 set up in thier vehicles? i am leanign towards V1 bc of its direction sensing radar whether left right ahead or behind.

Lead Foot

No, but I'll try and take one with my cell tomorrow afternoon for you; maybe some others have pics already

Newcomer

thank you. i have come to the conclusion that the Beltronics Vector Si that i have now doesnt make the cut, so i will be ordering a V1 hopefully this weekend. um anyone have a set up for a 2003 Jetta? not to be picky, but any pics would be great

Good Citizen

Newcomer

Here's a link to the gallery of the Custom Install I did in my '92 Accord.

http://flickr.com/photos/31622458@N0...7594299992632/

I wish I coulda been a bit more accurate with the router in cutting the spot for the Concealed Display, but those things just 'take off on ya'. Lemme know whatcha think.

Radar Fanatic

Default JVC stereo

KSU - you have the same JVC stereo as me (I think). Mine has sirius and the front aux input.

Curious if you've had any problems with it locking up while playing discs. I get random lockups mostly from homemade mp3 cd-rs but also on commercial CDs. These require me to remove the face plate and reset the unit with a pointy instrument like a pen. Was wondering if you've had any of the same. Lucky for me I rarely play a disc; almost always have th ipod pumping throught the AUX or else sirius tuned to Howard 100.

Todd

Radar Fanatic

I have posted this a few times, but here is an old pic of my V1. It is on the other side of the mirror, and re-wired.

My Lifespeed remote display behind the factory clock.

Newcomer

Default Re: JVC stereo

Quote Originally Posted by eyedoctodd
    KSU - you have the same JVC stereo as me (I think). Mine has sirius and the front aux input.

Curious if you've had any problems with it locking up while playing discs. I get random lockups mostly from homemade mp3 cd-rs but also on commercial CDs. These require me to remove the face plate and reset the unit with a pointy instrument like a pen. Was wondering if you've had any of the same. Lucky for me I rarely play a disc; almost always have th ipod pumping throught the AUX or else sirius tuned to Howard 100.

Todd
    Hey Todd,

Rocking, yeah I got that JVC head unit pretty recently, about a year ago, it's the Arsenal series. I upgraded so I'd have an Aux input on the front (for my Creative Zen Vision M) and an RCA input on the back (for the Sirius). I don't seem to recall getting any lockups from it, before getting my Sirius (back in March or April) I listened to a lot of books on CDs on the way out to Colorado (to visit my gf) and some burned discs for music when I got tired of the books.

Yeah I don't listen to many CDs anymore after 1) getting the Sirius and 2) getting an mp3 player back. Also have a scanner that I sometimes hook up to the Aux input fighting for 'air time'. I'm mostly on Octane or Alt Nation if listening to the Sirius, sometimes I'll flip to the comedy channels if I need a break from music.

I'll have to upload the video of my car 'booting up' sometime on YouTube or something. My friends call my car The Transformer car cause of all the damn noise it makes (Sirius beeps on startup, V1 powering up, my car beeps when it powers up, my FM antenna is broken so it sounds like a 50cal machine gun going off, etc.)

Aaron

Radar Fanatic

plus if you search for installs of the V1 you will find them easier too :wink: