Default Is it a Ka False ???

Ok, today's my first time turning the X-band detection off. On my way back from work, the V1 went off on a Ka alert and started to increase up to strength level 3-4. It kept beeping for like 10 seconds (at level 4) then silenced. Since I was on the highway and there's no building or store on the sides (I believe Ka band is not used in automatic doors anyway), I just assumed it was a Cobra detector ahead of me or something. But then at another section of the highway I ran into the same freaken problem!!! I can't blame it on the poor Cobra all the time you know. So, I wonder if it's a false that some of V1 owners might occassionally get? I never had this experience on "Ka" before I turned the X-band off. I'll see if I ever run into similiar situation again.....which I hope not.

Southern California

Well having the same occurance on different parts of the road sounds like either the cobra user is following you (Doubt this one) OR more likely their was a LEO using Instant On KA. I don't know if they use IO KA where you are but it sounds likely they do. I could be wrong but that is what it sounds like to me.

honestly it sounds like you picked up some instant on a ways down the road and then got some more as you got closer, normally when you get a cobra the strength meter will not raise, when i get cobras i get a one strenght measure and then it will J it out. ive been doing testing with other RD and T.V remotes and it, well at least mine so far every time i get a Ka and it rises or remains without being J'ed out is always a LEO. If i were you i wouldnt doubt the V1 and just listen to what its telling you better safe then sorry