Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Professional

Default OMG talk about ironic

well as you guys have all known ive posted about how great my V1 has been and the month ive owing it was running short and before i settled on a final RD i wanted to try out a X50 and on my way to the post office i noticed a LEO passed me going the other way and i looked up at the V1 thinking the LEO had his radar off and when i looked up there it was....the E. I turned off the V1 and turned it back on and it seemed fine. I pull into the post office and take down the V1 for its final packaging and i couldnt believe it. For a sheer 26 days i have had nothing but pure amazing perfermance and right when i think im in the clear BAM. down i dont think it was really a problem, just a fluke but i guess ill try out the X50 and see if a V1 1.9 comes out. None the less i still recommend the V1 to anyone and everyone, It has amazing range and im going to miss those arrows. I guess its a good lesson though. Even when you think you have 100% faith in your RD you should always keep a eye on it.

Good Citizen

I love the V1 and the arrows .. just hate it for it's Ka performace :x I'm still testing both the V1 and the RX65.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by tvbi
    I love the V1 and the arrows .. just hate it for it's Ka performace :x I'm still testing both the V1 and the RX65.
    I had overall pretty great Ka performance. Sometimes it seemed a little questionable but for the most part it was great. I know im going to miss the arrows but i think ill like the scanning dots and i kind of enjoy looking for the LEO. But im in shock right now with the E. its one of those things were you are like it could never happen to me

Dude!!! So you're leaving us V.1-ers ? :shock: J/k, I have never had any "E" error so far. But what you'd just experienced kinda make me supicious of my unit too. I've seen frequent Ka falses so far...which is kind of disappointing though .
    Anyway, feel bad for losing you on the V1 team. Hahaa...cuz you always do the "singing" for us V1 owners

Good Citizen

never see any E on any of my V1.. 3.826, 3.851 and the current one. Just hope I'll never see one :?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tvbi

see, mines the opposite. mine EATS up Ka. when i had my X50, it was ok, but my V1 us killer.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by VietTroop
    Dude!!! So you're leaving us V.1-ers ? :shock: J/k, I have never had any "E" error so far. But what you'd just experienced kinda make me supicious of my unit too. I've seen frequent Ka falses so far...which is kind of disappointing though .
    Anyway, feel bad for losing you on the V1 team. Hahaa...cuz you always do the "singing" for us V1 owners
    Hahaha, im not leaving you guys. I love the V1 and even after this incident i have alot of respect for the V1. I just want to try out another top 3. and as far as EATING up Ka it seemd like it did about 85% of the time and other times it seemd good but not AMAZING. over the past weekend i was able to see what the RX65 was capable of. Me and 3 friends found this LEO on lunch break with the patrol car facing the meanest strech of flat road possible . and we mounted my V1, a RX65(latest version), and a X50 (5.1 rev i think, it was in bad shape too, my friend didnt take good care of it) and they both expected my V1 to dominate and i thought it would do pretty well, well the RX65 alerted first at about 2.6 mi with some traffic and about 7 sec later the X50 and my V1 5 sec after the X50. and its not that the V1 or the X50 were bad, it was just the RX65 demolished that Ka. though when we got directly too the source the RX65 never reported on its highest strength. and i will most likely be getting another V1 once all this E stuff settles down and i would get a RX65 but i dont trust its laser capabilities as much as the X50 or V1.

I understand this test may be flawed because all 3 detectors were running at once and i understand that. we had time for one more run before the LEO left and it was pretty much the same results with the RX65 alerting and about 1 sec later the X50 and V1. all were mounted high and spaced apart.

Power User

Your testing with all three on is completely flawed so you should never make a decision based on that scenario.

Lead Foot

is there a post as to why testing on all 3 at the same time is flawed? that could just be a myth, unless jim has confirmed it ha. at any rate, these "flawed" tests still show what "non-flawed" test show- rx65 is best on Ka band, V1 = best on laser/maybe K, etc.

so why is running 3 at the same time flawed? that doesn't make sense... especially when the veil guy did his huge cross country tested running two at a time.

of course...i might be missing a few posts on this

Good Citizen

of course...i might be missing a few posts on this
    QFT

just one or two...