Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default My V1 moment.. with Mike Valentine

I discovered this informative site by none other than Mike Valentine (ill explain later).
    I have been a loyal Valentine customer since the companies inception. Up till recently I have been nothing but pleased.
    I am on my sixth Valentine, and most likely the last after the issues I have had with my unit.
    Here goes my story....
    Ordered a V1 for my new car.. All seemed to be working ok until I had a E on the display. So I called up Valentine and they said to send it in.
    A week passed and I heard nothing from them about the status of my unit.
    I gave them a call and they said nothing was wrong with it and it was ready to be sent back. They lady I spoke with said that my unit did not display a error, because if it did the unit would have stored it. Thinking that maybe I was wrong I accepted my unit back.
    After getting the unit back I encountered a state tropper clocking with KA band. I was DIRECTLY in front of him and only four LEDS lit up! I turned around and passed the cop again and once more only four LEDs.
    I called Valentine and they said to send it in again. This time a week and a half goes by and no call. I opt to call and they tell me once again that nothing is wrong, unit is performing as it should.
    I complain the rep about the poor communication, and my bad KA reception. His first response is to offer a refund which I decline. I tell him I just want a different unit. After a lengthy hold time someone else gets on the phone. Well its Mike Valentine.. He begins to question me about a web site (this one), which I did not know of until now. He says they have had numerous people trying to get free software updates etc.. From the tone of his voice I could tell he didn't believe me about not knowing about the site and tells me my unit is up to Valentines standards.
    It was apparent he has no love for this site, he seemed very annoyed when talking about it. I told him that I dont have time to waste money ($60 in shipping for both trips to them) nor am I looking for something for free, I just want what I paid for a unit that performs as advertised.
    I explain to him my KA encounter and he says that maybe the cop was clocking from the rear, hence the weak response from my unit. I tell him that I knew for a fact that he was clocking from the front. He tells me that other factors might have degraded my reception, sun, windshield etc...
    I opt to take my unit back again.. Well today I encounterd another cop clocking KA and got another weak response from my unit.
    I know something is NOT right because my other two V1's do not act like this. Whenever I encounter a cop they go nuts when I am within a few feet of them.
    Not wanting to waste another $30 to ship my unit back and get accused of trying to scam Valentince I am opting to just sell this unit and try something different in my new car.
    I can say I am very disappointed in V1's custome support, the not calling me to give me status and being accused of trying to get a free upgrade. I would think seeing I have bought so many units throughout the years that I would be treated better. All I got was an arrogant attitude that Valentine makes the best and this site and competitors are just trying to bash their products.
    After spending the day reading this forum I can see that other people have had similier issues which shows my complaints are valid.
    If Valentine where my company I would welcome critisicm and concerns openly. Listening to your customers is the only way you can make your products better.

Radar Fanatic

maybe u could like film or take a picture of the poor sensitivity

maybe ka band sensitiviy is turned down

u could have one of us with speed guns test your unit

i guess the best way to piss mike v. off is to call and let him know u want a refund, like they offered, so u can buy a passport x50...i just know thats his biggest competitor

im very happy with my v1 and have been for years so its hard for me to say chose the x50 over the v1, but if its not working, it needs to be done

I dont want my money back.. just a unit that performs as it should.
    You would think that they would have swapped my unit the second go around,after all I have bought 6 V1's from them.
    I might do the video thing, there is always a speed trap close to my house on Sunday.
    Its not worth my time to send it back, Id be out $90. Ill sell it on ebay and hopefully recoup most of my money.

Power User

Another great biased story from a Belscort user that found this site. Please somebody record what the people over at Valentine Research have to say so we don't have to have all these fake users coming in and bashing the V1.

Quote Originally Posted by <<JAZZY>>
    Another great biased story from a Belscort user that found this site.
    Hey "D_I_C_K".. did you read my post? I dont WANT my money back nor a different brand of detector. Your attitude sounds just like what I got from Valentine.. the customer is wrong, we are always right.

Experienced

same exact experience here but i will not go into details.... again

Professional

Ive been considering a V1, as there has been an increase of laser use in my area, but with all the negative things ive been hearing lately, (E problems and customer service)im going to hold off, or possibly purchase an X50. i wish they would get their stuff straight!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinZX-10R
    Ive been considering a V1, as there has been an increase of laser use in my area, but with all the negative things ive been hearing lately, (E problems and customer service)im going to hold off, or possibly purchase an X50. i wish they would get their stuff straight!
    from what u hear is like 3 out of like 10,000 cases...thats nothing...trust me v1 is the best in the long run

Professional

the V1 is a great RD but i would not recommend getting a NEWER version right now because i myself have gotten that E, Returning it was pretty easy, VR seemed pissed that i was returning it, i guess they have the right to though even though i am the customer... I have there email and they said if i tried to return it they would slap me with a restocking fee and then after i said well too late its already sent they came back with a nice reply and now im currently happy with a X50

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by <<JAZZY>>
    Another great biased story from a Belscort user that found this site. Please somebody record what the people over at Valentine Research have to say so we don't have to have all these fake users coming in and bashing the V1.
    I dont know if he is being biased or not, but i have some emails that i can post...some good, some great, and some make you feel like VR is the bad guy.

Hi,

Return the order insured, in new condition, to the address on the back
    of the package. If you return it right away, it will arrive within the
    thirty- day time for returns.

Just to let you know, there is a $50 restocking fee on a second order if it is returned no matter what the time frame.

Customer Service