Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I wish there is a Valentine Two from Mike, please.

Frist, I don't care how bad is the customer service or how arrogant of Valentine is. I only believe in and trust the product itself. But after they invented the POP, things are going spiral down into disaster.

Radar detector is a serious product like a military weapon. If it fails, the enemy will nail us very bad. I could not believe the J error that I saw in go.mouse video when he detected a Ka alert. (go.mouse is a one of the forum member here.) He has to reset it by pulling out the plug. I am sorry MikeV, this is not a new product just came out of the blue; any drivers could cause an accident because we have to babysit on an immature product. And now the E, give me a break. Enough is Enough.

I could understand any new electronic products could have bugs. For example, Nikon D200 has a banding problem when it comes out. However, V1 is a product that has been here with us for more than a decade and they pushing the new version out for no reason. We are not a lab white mouse for testing the V1.

Valentine One is hardly innovative at all. The computer chip is old that cause false alerts more often.

Mike, here is what I want: A Valentine Two.
    Not a V1 with version 1.9, a new detector from you call Valentine Two.

Here is the spec that I am looking for and I am serious here:

-Stealth against all RDD with no leakage
    -A bright and clear LCD screen. No more, red LED please.
    -A wireless remote laser jammer for quick dismount or install.
    -Add one more arrow to distinguish whether the radar souce coming from the opposite lane or on the same lane ahead.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: I wish there is a Valentine Two from Mike, please.

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBunny
    Here is the spec that I am looking for and I am serious here:

-Stealth against all RDD with no leakage
    -A bright and clear LCD screen. No more, red LED please.
    -Add one more arrow to distinguish whether the radar souce coming from the opposite lane or on the same lane ahead.
    Hope you don't mind paying >1,000

Also - The double arrow thing - not possible. Learn how radars work and detectors work - than come back. If you don't like it - find something else. Stop the whining guys.

Professional

some of the stuff he is asking for is unreasonable yes, but the LED screen would be nice because at night when you get an alert, you dont know what the h3ll band it is... I think what he is saying is that VR really needs to step it up. Unfortunatly they dont like this forum so wont read this and this topic will probally turn into a flame so guys dont get out of control with this and i will try not to either :wink:

Professional

As far as a V2 it should be redesigned with essential factors not fancy. for example, a LCD screen is nice but how about seeing it @ 4 P.M. ? It will totally wipe out. Good thinking though. I think the best option in that department is to hire Lifespeed as a V1 Authorized LED Modder to change from red to different colors like he does now. Like blue for laser, red for KA, yellow for K, and green for X. The arrows that exist are fine just make them stand out more. Other than that I think the V1 is fine. Apart from the E and J issues.

Great thinking and keep them coming!

Sincerely,

Ace_Racer

Advanced Member

Default Re: I wish there is a Valentine Two from Mike, please.

Valentine One is hardly innovative at all. The computer chip is old that cause false alerts more often.
    Not sure what would leave you to believe something like that. What website did you read this on? Exactly what computer chip are you talking about, and why does it cause more false alerts?

The V1 uses embedded algorithms to process the data. The actual micro itself has very little to do with the amount of false alerts, and I'm sure it is current production and far from being considered "old".

Here's what Mike has to say about that one:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Valentine
    Jamming crosses over the line between early warning and electronic combat. It doesn't fit my philosophy of doing business.
    IMHO the only one of your feature requests that you might ever see is the RDD immunity, and I think that is still a ways off.

Yes, it is possible to locate the radar source either on the same lane or oppsite lane. The detector needs to find the radar angle and calculate it. It is difficult but it is possible.

You know, I feel pity that Mike is still fixing his V1 while the others are moving on and developing a new prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Racer
    As far as a V2 it should be redesigned with essential factors not fancy. for example, a LCD screen is nice but how about seeing it @ 4 P.M. ? It will totally wipe out. Good thinking though. I think the best
    Ace_Racer
    Excuse me sir, all the GPS are now using LCD and they are bright and clear at 4 PM.

Advanced Member

You oughtta just start up your own RD company.

Professional

Yes, it is possible to locate the radar source either on the same lane or oppsite lane. The detector needs to find the radar angle and calculate it. It is difficult but it is possible.

You know, I feel pity that Mike is still fixing his V1 while the others are moving on and developing a new prototype.
    And what if there is a curve in the road ahead and it indicates the radar source is in the other lane when really it's in your lane but around the curve? :wink:

Good Citizen

My RX65 have perfect LCD.No matter what time is it.