Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default Newbie with problems

OK heres the thing, im borrowing a friend's V1 for a while to test it out and have some fun, theres one thing that isnt what i expected........... no its not the performance.............its the mute button......... it doesnt work!!!!!

I try to mute alerts, doesnt work, I try to enter programming mode, doesnt work there either

I thought it could be the fact that im running off my X50's wires, but the units integrated mute button should be on a whole separate system from the power source since V1 has no official remote mute button that I know of............. any ideas on whats going on????

and I just got it, so no I didnt break it

OTHER THAN THAT, Im really liking it so far, ive had 2 laser falses in 10 minutes though........ oh well

THe arrows are nice, but im having troubles sorting out the data its feeding me, but nothing a few more days of use wont solve

The thing thats selling me that is NOT on my X50 is that oh so simple yet OH SO HELPFUL Bogey Lock Tone.......... I love it.....

one thing I seem to notice is that it doesnt false in the usual locations that my X50 does, UNTIL I pass it and it rings up on the Rear antenna........ I guess its the way its programmed, but as said before on top, I CANT reprogram it :cry: :cry:

Radar Fanatic

Is your mute ring/levor turned all the way down?

Starting with the Control Knob in the "off" position, Press and hold-in Knob and at the same time turn the Knob “on;” continue holding in the Knob until all front-panel lights are on (takes about 5 seconds).
    Release the Control Knob.

If all this fails there is a mute terminal at one of the data ports on a V1 so loose that X50 wire as that could be shorting out the V1 mute terminal, try the V1 lighter plug.
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ghlight=#42476

The bogey lock tone is so overlooked, I find it equal or better than the arrow feature.
    Does your friend know that you are trying to change his programming?

Lead Foot
    Austin, Texas/ Greenville, South Carolina

I didnt read this in the abov post so Im just gonna throw it out there if you havent already considered it. The mute volume is set by the little lever behind the power knob. If that is at the same level the volume knob is set to then when you mute it nothing will happen. On the startup sequence when it goes "beep braap" and a second "beep braap" the second one is the muted level so you can get a feel for how loud or soft you mute level is set.

Also, back when I considered getting a V1 and wanted to just use my hardwire smart cord from the x50, one forum member pointed out that he had the same problem you were having. Dont know if this means anything about the x50 smart cord try using the V1 cig lighter cord and see if that changes anything.

**dang V1 Dave beat me to the punch on both counts, took me too long to type...

Radar Fanatic

TheTexan, Happed to me many times, Don't you hate that?

Radar Fanatic

I have the volume control set at about 1 o'clock and the mute lever set at about 12 o'clock. The mute lever works very well. When you get an alert, just a slight push inward on the control knob sets the volume threshold to the desired volume level.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    I have the volume control set at about 1 o'clock and the mute lever set at about 12 o'clock. The mute lever works very well. When you get an alert, just a slight push inward on the control knob sets the volume threshold to the desired volume level.
    Thats where mine are at. :-D Works extremely wel for me.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bauzer71487
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    Thats where mine are at. :-D Works extremely wel for me.
    I have found those are the best settings for my driving conditions.

Power User

ive tried all sorts of different positions for the main knob and the "Lever", and it still doesnt seem to work, so i say its my cable like the others are suggesting, because the regular RJ-11 does have a little wiggle room in there

Radar Fanatic

When I plugged my V1 into my friends X50 SmartCord I got exactally what you described, I cant see why a hard wire kit would be doing this though, maybe you could get his V1 OEM power cable and try it.

Professional

just try using your friend's oem power cord. I also think it's normal that sometimes the rear antenna is more sensitive than the front that's why you might have longer alerts from the rear