Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default VR re-stocking fee is BS!

I called VR today because I wanted to try another V1. Now the last time I tried one was over 1 year ago and I returned it. I wanted to give the V1 another chance and compare it to my STi. But F no!!!!! I called VR and they told me that even though it has been over 1 year I would have to pay a $50 re-stocking fee if I decided to return it for some reason. It's not like I would buy and return on a regular basis.

And get this, I asked her what if 5 or more years had past if I could return another one without a re-stocking fee and she said no. The VR rep then told me that it doesn't matter how much time has past if you return a V1 you can't return another without the re-stocking fee ever again!!

IMO, that's bull$hit!!!!!!!

I guess I will have one of my friends that doesn't care about radar detectors buy it for me if I really want to try another one.

Radar Fanatic

If you want to really try one - I'm sure if you were to pay for shipping than someone would be willing to let you borrow one. Lets trade

Yoda of Radar

Jeez, that is BS, luckily as you said... you can just have a friend or neighbor buy it for you... and just get it that way, VR seems a bit-touchy these days about their products and especially returns.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    Jeez, that is BS, luckily as you said... you can just have a friend or neighbor buy it for you... and just get it that way, VR seems a bit-touchy these days about their products and especially returns.
    Thats another good idea.

Or - even better - order it - put it on your card - your address and everything and then tell them you want to send it as a gift - and just send it to your neighbors - they'll think itsjust a misprint when they see your name on the package.

That should allow a legit return - I think :-\

Default Re-stocking fee is BS

Re-stocking fees are not unusual , as a matter of fact, a large majority of businesses use this practice. IMO this just makes good business sense. If people would buy these RD to use, instead of buying to make sure they are not missing something , there would be no problem. Like the old adage says, burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me.

John

Lead Foot

just have it shipped to a different address and use a different card to purchase it with. you could just tell them its a coincidence that someone w/ the same name wants to try it.

of course...this probably isn't an option now and you have already spoken to them lol.

Experienced

Default Re: VR re-stocking fee is BS!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    I called VR today because I wanted to try another V1. Now the last time I tried one was over 1 year ago and I returned it. I wanted to give the V1 another chance and compare it to my STi. But F no!!!!! I called VR and they told me that even though it has been over 1 year I would have to pay a $50 re-stocking fee if I decided to return it for some reason. It's not like I would buy and return on a regular basis.

And get this, I asked her what if 5 or more years had past if I could return another one without a re-stocking fee and she said no. The VR rep then told me that it doesn't matter how much time has past if you return a V1 you can't return another without the re-stocking fee ever again!!

I guess I will have one of my friends that doesn't care about radar detectors buy it for me if I really want to try another one.
    I am surprised by this administrators comment. What do you expect? V1 to take it back for free after a year? Look at Radar Roy’s return policy…

Units that have been opened, may be returned within 30 days of order, but will be charged a 15% restocking fee. Returns must be in "as -new" condition and packaged with all material including warranty cards, manuals and accessories in the original packaging.

Defective detectors/jammers maybe exchanged within 30 days of order. After this 30 days manufacturers warranty will apply.

After 30 days you deal with the manufacture warranty.

Order from Bell…All Beltronics products come with a 30 day money-back guarantee. If you're not absolutely delighted with your purchase, we'll take it back, no questions asked. Just call the Beltronics Customer Service Department toll free at 800-341-2288, M-F 8am-6pm Eastern time for return authorization.

Bell has a $80 trade in program for your old Bel detector.

So 15% of $400 is $60 bucks on a V1 return. $50 is within reason.

Lead Foot

Default Re: VR re-stocking fee is BS!

Quote Originally Posted by Techhead
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal

I am surprised by this administrators comment. What do you expect? V1 to take it back for free after a year? Look at Radar Roy’s return policy…

Units that have been opened, may be returned within 30 days of order, but will be charged a 15% restocking fee. Returns must be in "as -new" condition and packaged with all material including warranty cards, manuals and accessories in the original packaging.

Defective detectors/jammers maybe exchanged within 30 days of order. After this 30 days manufacturers warranty will apply.

After 30 days you deal with the manufacture warranty.

Order from Bell…All Beltronics products come with a 30 day money-back guarantee. If you're not absolutely delighted with your purchase, we'll take it back, no questions asked. Just call the Beltronics Customer Service Department toll free at 800-341-2288, M-F 8am-6pm Eastern time for return authorization.

Bell has a $80 trade in program for your old Bel detector.

So 15% of $400 is $60 bucks on a V1 return. $50 is within reason.
    he isn't saying he wants to return a unit that he has had for a year. he is saying over a year ago, he bought a v1 and returned it within the 30 day trial period.

now, he wants to try a v1 again. he found out that even though it's been over a year, since he already did the 30 day free trial, should he decide not to keep the v1 this time around, he'll be subject to a $50 restocking fee.

hope this clears everything up.

Professional

From a business standpoint, I do not think that is outrageous.

Consider all the people that would try and use this return policy as a "free radar detector rental program"

You need to take a trip, order the detector, you get back send it in for a refund, do that every year and you get a totally free detector.

I totally understand why VR has chosen to go this route.

It isn't you, it is all the people before you that used this trick.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback
    From a business standpoint, I do not think that is outrageous.

Consider all the people that would try and use this return policy as a "free radar detector rental program"

You need to take a trip, order the detector, you get back send it in for a refund, do that every year and you get a totally free detector.

I totally understand why VR has chosen to go this route.

It isn't you, it is all the people before you that used this trick.
    x2