Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Don't Get It?

Default I Don't Get It?

Is it in some people's blood to just b*tch all the time....like it comes naturally. I have read about every forum in here + other forums and a lot of people are like: 1.) Oh this thing is so big, when will they come out with a smaller version, 2.) What is with this display, 3.) The range is not good, 4.) It is outdated, 5.) I can't see it at night, etc etc etc etc.

Now after hearing all these complaints, normally I would shun away from purchasing one of these devices, but I experimented with my friend's v1.7 V1 to see what all the hype was about. Here is MY take on the V1:

1.) THIS DEVICE IS *NOT* BIG! Unless you have held and operated other devices, then don't speak out of turn. I have had the bel RX65 and I do not see that dramatic of a difference. In fact, everyone in the boards who talked about the "bulkiness" of the device made me think that when the shipment came in the mail that I would have a 10lb big box. This thing is a PERFECT size and I wouldn't want anything smaller or bigger. You have got to be able to clearly read it, and this size (v1.8) is just perfect.

2.) I have not personally called V1, but if their expedited shipping says anything about their service, then I have nothing to fear. I made the order on saturday night (meaning the package wouldn't even go out until monday) and I received it wednesday. That is incredible. They are on the ball and just flew that device out of the factory and over to my house (and I ordered the cheapest shipping....sry...I am playing the Jewish card lol). I like to see a company that cares enough to get it to me ASAP.

3.) Did you see what is in the box. It is like I went to the mall for trick-or-treat on Halloween day and came back with an assortment of goodies. You get the direct wire cord, coiled cord, the sup cups, two extra suction cups, the sunvisor clip (personal love), the unit obviously, the charger, and a well laid out instruction manual. My bel RX65 came in a case with the unit, a power cord, cheesy suction cups, and a paperweight.....I mean instruction manual. I will say I like the carrying case and really wish V1 came with one, but that is like the least of my worries.

4.) Compare devices. The V1 is very very sturdy looking and is actually made of real metal! The other detectors are cheapy plastic which lowers the cost and overall appearance. I also expected this thing to weigh a ton like people were griping about, but it is a wonderful weight....makes u feel its worthwhile value. I appreciate VR using real materials and making it worth what it is.

5.) Arrows- best invention ever. Do you know how big a PITA the RX65 is when it starts churping and you are aimlessly looking around like a humming bird trying to find the LEO? The arrows makes my eyes focus right in the direction of the signal which is crucial when you only have seconds to change your mind and slow down. Plus the signal indicator is right on cue and that aids in the process.

6.) Sensitivity- This thing is very sensitive. I know the RX65 is suppose to be able to sniff out cops better and give "less false alarms," but idk if it is just me but I rather the RD (radar detector) tell me every little crummy detail and I pick and choose which signals are my concern. Plus you got this smart button that switches to "logic" where it mutes the X-band (the annoying band as I like to call it) and so you can see that it is picking the x-band up but u can decide whether or not it is a real threat. If you are on highway, you might change your mind but in the city....it is probably just a nearby drug store. On my bel....it was either "live with it" or "kill it." Meaning....turn x-band on and hear the churp or turn it off and never know what is going on around you.

7.) Display is great. I like LED's and this talk about LCD is nonsense. Why increase the price for no reason? Plus LCD makes it easier for cars behind you to see which is kind of not the idea behind an RD.

8.) Outdated? How can a device that picks up every type of radar that a cop has be outdated? I think people are just whining to have their voices heard.

9.) The range is not good? Idk about you, but I don't give a s*it what is 10 miles up ahead of me....I want to know what is going on in my neck of the woods. If I get pulled over 1 1/2 miles up then me having the range of 10 miles is pretty friggin useless isn't it? If V1 alerts me at least a mile in advance, then what should I be sweating about?

10.) Can't see the display at night? Just put it on logic, and when it churps you either have K which is an iffy, or you got laser PoP and Ka which is the danger zone. At least you can figure out the top two lights from the bottom two. I see no issue here.

When you lay it all out, you are getting a *solid* piece of equipment with a box of goodies all for a respectable price compared to other leading RD's. After the small use I have gotten out of it, it has already shown me what it can do and why it put my RX65 to shame. V1: tells you what and where....the two essentials.....while other RD's tell you what....not sufficient enough.

Case dismissed
    ~E

Speed Demon

Is your first or second post and you are already bashing all other RDs.

ZOMBIE

EDIT:
    I agree with you in a few stuff but still you are a basher.

One man's opinion. I have used cobra, bel, and v1. Bel was my last one...and I wasn't impressed....yea the range is great....but u expect that out of a top of the line device...and I tested it with the v1 (completely opposite sides of the car) and they both picked up bogey's at the same time, and at some points the v1 picked it up first. A lot of comparison tests say otherwise, but this is just my take on it. I think build quality, arrows, in-box-accessories, and support is what makes v1 .....v1.

Speed Demon

I agree with you in that poeople talk crap about such a solid unit, but that (my opinion) is no excuse to start bashing other untis or companies when you are trying to make a point such as that. It takes the credability of your opinion and it just starts a conflict here. Again.

Lead Foot

keep in mind you can't count the in box accesories as a factor because you ARE paying $100 more for the v1.

Radar Fanatic

Good report Dogg

Thx CactusMan

O yea actually Ryan I am accounting for everything. They got the MSRP of the Bel at $300 and the V1 at $400. The direct cord alone is $10, the sun visor is $20 (respectibly), the metal encasing of the V1 adds another chunk of change (how much exactly I have no idea but you can bet it is a good $30 minimum over a simple plastic), and not to mention the additional rear radar detector which costs more. Then you add the "patented idea" of the arrows and you can see where the $100 quickly adds up.

Lead Foot

well congrats on your 4th post. you certainly seem to be an expert.

sarcasm......

I like economics....so I break it down and compare.....just laying it out there.

....Post #5

P.S. I am on another forum....I just signed on to this one because there is a lot of good feedback and ideas...

Lead Foot

thats fine. but you still attack bashing with bashing.