Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default V1 "E" Percentage

Hi guys! I am considering buying a V1 for main RD. I live in Canada and was wondering what is the percentage of V1's getting "E". The only thing that stopping me from getting one is, I have read alot of new V1 being return for "E". That would kill me on extra shipping cost and insurance.

NVM, I missed the E report. Wow thats like 37% of the poll was getting E. Not to mention when the start to get used alot, then what?
    Thats alot to gamble with, I think I'll just buy an X50 from ROY.

Experienced

I have had a 3.856 for about a month now and it has worked flawlessly. There is a poll for the 3.854 concerning the E's, that might give you a better idea. My guess is the 3.856 is better at not producing E's but some on here have commented they have gotten it with this latest version.

Professional

actually its like 42% because when i took the poll i didnt have the E, it was shortly after. I now have a X50 and i missed the arrows at first but i really do love the X50 blue display especially at night. So far i have not had any constant on, only instant on....I did however pick up about .5 mi range over a hill with a LEO using instant on towards rabbits way ahead

Professional

do you live in a banned area? if you do forget about the v1(unless you want the leos taking it from you), sti is the only way to go

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    do you live in a banned area? if you do forget about the v1(unless you want the leos taking it from you), sti is the only way to go
    O i didnt even relize he was in Canada. Well in a way you are lucky because you dont have to decide on which detector to get....
    Its the STI for you

Radar Fanatic

3.856 for two weeks now and still no "E"

Professional

i had my 3.856 for about 4 weeks and then BAM. I wish i wouldve gotten it early on because then you know to watch for it but after a month of perfect usage who would guess that its flawed.... kinda scary when you think about it :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by xXCriticizeXx
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    O i didnt even relize he was in Canada. Well in a way you are lucky because you dont have to decide on which detector to get....
    Its the STI for you

Fortunately, I live Canada were RD are legal , I'm using S2 now and it works great but I need a main one for work since I travel alot.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Golderon
    NVM, I missed the E report. Wow thats like 37% of the poll was getting E. Not to mention when the start to get used alot, then what?
    Thats alot to gamble with, I think I'll just buy an X50 from ROY.
    Go ahead and get the X50 and check this self-calibration/service required poll:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...light=self+cal

44% YES
    54% NO

Wow, it looks like you have a little better than a coin flip's chance to get a good X50.