Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Advanced Logic or the "L" mode......

I would like to know who runs their V1 in this mode full time, minus highways........ I would like to know like do you live in a big city or kind out in the middle of no where ..... Cuz i like the quiet time in my car while in this mode, but i feel as if i may miss an alert or something. where i live is mostly K then KA then X.... i believe their is one cop who worksnight shifts that has X band. Does the "L" mode alert to that when it first gets it or only when it reaches a certain strength? When my LG phone from Verizon goes off it alerts to X band at like one, two , or three dots on strength.

Professional

Default logical choice

"L" = Advanced Logic Mode = 90% of the time in city driving.

"l" = Logic Mode = 10% of the time while highway, clear blue sailing driving. Muted volume quite low but loud enough just to hear. Have NOT had x-band encounter in a couple of years in Michigan (or anywhere for that matter) HOWEVER...I would not totally shut off x-band. Never.

"A" = All Bogeys Mode = 0% of the time.

(a couple years ago I had a SpeedGun Magnum xband HH radar and sold it to a SMALL southern Illinois village!)

Professional

Bear,

I run mine in logic (small l) almost full time unless I hit the highway. I live mainly in a city that no one knows exists. KA is my only real and biggest threat. L (Big L) won't alert for X amount of seconds X is the seconds set in program mode. Little l won't alert at the regular volume until the X amount of seconds is up. Or if E or F is enabled ( 4 or 6 LED's) breaks or goes above that level of strength. Hope this helps you out!

Sincerely,

Ace_Racer

Radar Fanatic

I live in a fairly Large city and run mine in 'l' mode 100% of the time until I go on the highways that I typically don't travel or its a long trip - than I got A mode. I never use L mode. Basically because I have the K band mute on until it hits 4 lights. It keeps it farily quiet for me.

ES13Raven

I have X band disabled, because it isn't in use here. But I run Logic mode all the time. Around here K band is used by Fresno PD and only on the city streets. CHP uses Ka band on the highways.

Logic mode works great for both because it does not affect Ka. I like to see the weak K band alerts, but at the muted volume. Real LEO radar always breaks the threshold and alerts at full volume. That is why I don't use Advanced Logic - the weak alerts are not shown or heard.

Radar Fanatic

Ah, see most false alarms by me are K and X but its about 50/50 so thats why i wanted to see the modes and how you all use them

Radar Fanatic

Big L all the time. In Cleveland Ohio. Never had trouble with it warning me too late or anything. Its the only mode I can use the V1 in and not have it drive me friggin' nuts.

Radar Fanatic

Very rural here. Nothing disabled and in the "A" mode 100% of the time. Hmmmmm just rethought that- i have POP disabled.

Good Citizen

Can't get too much bigger than Los Angeles, CA. Run in "l" with X off and K mute to 4 lights. Run "A" on long road trips up North or across the state to AZ only. Pretty quite.

Professional

"A" 100% of the time, Factory programming. Out in the boonies, Way out in the boonies.

K is the biggest threat (and all the door openers) with more KA appearing weekly. Very rare to see constant-on it is 99% instant-on moving.