Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What mode do you use on V1?

I bought my v1 about a month ago and im lovin it. For the people that have v1 what mode do you use. I use the logic mode (L). It saves me from the annoying x band alerts that I get all the time. All the cops around me use either k or ka band. If im using logic mode it wont affect my detection for k or ka band correct?

Professional

Mike Valentine says using the L mode only affects X band and has nothing to do with K, Ka or Laser filtering.

Some guys on here claim that L does filter some K band.

Brent V. tends to side with Mike V. on this issue.

I ran in L mode with setting #5 set to More Responsive (Ka band). I drove like this for over 1 year and loved it.

Since a week ago, I now drive with the V1 in A mode since I turned off X band. #5 still set to More Responsive.

Absolutely wonderful! Even better than the L mode!! If you are certain no one uses X band in your area, like my city, I would go ahead and turn X band off... you must be very certain no one uses X band guns!! Do this at your own discretion!!!

Radar Fanatic

I run in A whenever I can and L (big L) wherever I need more filtering. I used to run with X-off from time to time but I eventually turned it back on and subsequently found a trooper running X-band.

Professional

In Michigan, no one uses X band, so I turn X band off and run with "A." I might take Vino's suggestion and turn Ka to "more responsive" though.

When I drive out of state, I turn X band on and usually run in "Logic" or "Advanced Logic" mode. I am not sure which states still use X band, but I know that Ohio and North Carolina do for sure. So I always turn it on when driving out of state.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Arvetus
    In Michigan, no one uses X band, so I turn X band off and run with "A." I might take Vino's suggestion and turn Ka to "more responsive" though.

When I drive out of state, I turn X band on and usually run in "Logic" or "Advanced Logic" mode. I am not sure which states still use X band, but I know that Ohio and North Carolina do for sure. So I always turn it on when driving out of state.
    Welcome to the board...
    Be wary when you run through ohio, X is still very much alive.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvetus

Yeah welcome...good to see more Michiganders...

Founder of Stealthvation

I run mine on L advanced logic 100% of the time. Happya$$ would not have it any other way especially in Ohio where X band is very alive. Happya$$ says that the V man is taking a major chance turning off X band
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Old Timer

seth wants to know why is everyone talking in 3rd person?

Founder of Stealthvation

Happya$$ got that from the Brent V. man. Happya$$ is upset at the moment because the punchthrough that he got was a complete surprise to him
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Around town and on the highway when passing through towns, I use the big L mode.

When going cross country and spending a lot of time out in the middle of no where, I change to A all bogeys mode. Going across I-10 and I-40 you'd be surprised how far away you can get some of the door openers of the gas stations and stores near the Interstate. It's reassuring to know your detector still works even though it's been hundreds of miles since the last law enforcement signal was detected.

Ed