Radar Fanatic

Default Valentine 1 w/pop2

I just received my new unit today and for those interested on performance, I will try to keep you posted- Good motoring !

Good Citizen

Did you buy it new, or upgrade? I sent out my V1 last tuesday for the pop upgrade, and it's still not here (7 days later). I even paid extra for 2 day shipping. :?

Good Citizen

Keep us posted. I'm seriously interested in knowing what you think. I may try a V1 in spite of the cult following.

Radar Fanatic

I bought it new. I had another V1 (1.8) without pop which I gave to my wife to use to replace her older bulkier 1.7 or maybe even 1.6. I ordered it with 2 day overnight shipping on Jan 7 (Friday) and it arrived today Tuesday (Jan 11).

Radar Fanatic

Dang !!!!! I dont know where that smiley face came from it was supposed to be that my older one was 1.8 without pop that I gave to my wife. Yes I am aware she can upgrade it to 1.8 with POP for $56.

Radar Fanatic

One thing I did notice ( I think) was I drove by a local police dept and a vehicle in the parking lot left his K band on and the arrows on the V1 seemed a tad faster to change from front to side to rear. X band by the banks and shopping center didn't seem to be changed from the V1 without POP.

Good Citizen

Have you had a POP encounter yet? If so were you pleased? Was it a close call?

Radar Fanatic

No I have not had a POP encounter yet. I dont know if POP is used in my rural part of Arizona. But I do feel that the response to K band is quicker at least according to the arrows. With my prior V1 (1.8) going by the same police station with a parked police detector i would have to drive somewhat past the station before the rear arrow would show. Now going by (1 trip by) the indicator arrows are instantaneous. I havent encountered Ka band yet.

Professional

Default Re: Valentine 1 w/pop2

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    No I have not had a POP encounter yet. I dont know if POP is used in my rural part of Arizona. But I do feel that the response to K band is quicker at least according to the arrows. With my prior V1 (1.8) going by the same police station with a parked police detector i would have to drive somewhat past the station before the rear arrow would show. Now going by (1 trip by) the indicator arrows are instantaneous. I havent encountered Ka band yet.
    good to hear!!