Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got my first E today.

Pulled into a parking lot at school.. looked up and notice it was on "E".

Weird.. first one since I got since getting it in September.

version is 3.856.. and no, I won't be calling and *****ing at Valentine nor will I be looking to send it back unless this becomes a common occurrence.

Professional

yeah it's probably best to let it happen more than one time so it is stored in memory

Yoda of Radar

x2 with the above, also take a picture if possible... just be careful that you don't get a ticket because of it, as you noticed, you sorta have to look up and be like 'oh snap'.

Good Citizen

I got several of those in 1 week with software version 3.856. Got fed up sent it back got it flashed with the latest version. And like Airmoore pointed out if you get the E it goes into limp mode, the V1 would not alert to threats.

ES13Raven

Default Re: Got my first E today.

Quote Originally Posted by UpandDown
    nor will I be looking to send it back unless this becomes a common occurrence.
    Why wouldn't you? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeV
    Any Valentine One detector made since 1996 is capable of displaying an “E”. This display means that the V1 has encountered an internal error and has determined that the unit is in need of a visit to our facilities. The “E” display still means the same thing that it has for the past decade and should encourage a V1 owner to let the factory have a look at it.

In sum, anytime any V1 displays an “E”, it should be returned to our service department so that we can put it right. The latest V1 being manufactured performs at the highest level ever, and self-monitors to the most stringent demands ever.

Cheers,

Mike Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    x2 with the above, also take a picture if possible... just be careful that you don't get a ticket because of it, as you noticed, you sorta have to look up and be like 'oh snap'.
    Hrm, I never thought to take a pic of it.. I have a cam phone, so it would be easy.

There was no po around when I pulled into the parking lot.. it didn't detect any radar (none that was shown anyway).

Default Re: Got my first E today.

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by UpandDown
    nor will I be looking to send it back unless this becomes a common occurrence.
    Why wouldn't you? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeV
    Any Valentine One detector made since 1996 is capable of displaying an “E”. This display means that the V1 has encountered an internal error and has determined that the unit is in need of a visit to our facilities. The “E” display still means the same thing that it has for the past decade and should encourage a V1 owner to let the factory have a look at it.

In sum, anytime any V1 displays an “E”, it should be returned to our service department so that we can put it right. The latest V1 being manufactured performs at the highest level ever, and self-monitors to the most stringent demands ever.

Cheers,

Mike Valentine
    I'll pop them an email.. but its only happened once in a 2 month (aprox.) span.

I'll see what they say..

Update:

Ok, my third E within a week.

This time, I think (I am not 100% sure) that I saw a cop in the vicinity when I got an E. I saw a dark crown vic past me on the left (at night) when I noticed the E. I dunno if the cop was running radar... or if the E started before it could have picked him up.

Regardless, I got pictures this time.

I am going to send V1 a email tonight or tomorrow and ask for their guidance...

Professional

Email them the picts too! But they should take it back and fix it as well give you the updated version too.

**We have not heard of an E yet on the newest(3.858) version have we?

Banned

And this is why I haven't gone back to V1 again. I can't wait till the new rev's fix this crap.