Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default 20 or more "J" alerts a day! and they have all bee

well guys, I am getting a taste of what the rest of you have been dealing with on the roadways all over the country. I am in Florida right now (1,500 mile trip)
    the 3.826 has been excellent!! I cannot believe how many cheap detectors are on the roads down here. I really like it better back home in the snowy state of Wisconsin.

"J" after "J" all day long!! and every one has been correct, I have yet to see this feature be wrong!! I even had a county cop running constant KA in a parking lot across the street from the lot I was in, the unit was alerting for a minute then a 2nd signal showed on the bogey counter, then I got a "J"! WTF?!?!
    I saw a detector on the windshield of a passing truck, as soon as he passed the original KA alert continued.

So, what is this "J" bug some people reported with this version?

Mine is working great!!

I have yet to see any Instant-on down here too!! all Constant-on! it is a welcome surprise compared to home where they all use Instant-on,
    and excellent range, always before the source is in view. some alerts have been near 1 mile and longer

The only valid band I have seen here is KA also, No k alerts yet except for clutter from door openers.

I did see a couple KA "your speed is" signs in Georgia though, so they do exist!!!

I'm heading back on Monday the 13'th. I hope I have the same luck driving back.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: 20 or more "J" alerts a day! and they have all

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback
    well guys, I am getting a taste of what the rest of you have been dealing with on the roadways all over the country. I am in Florida right now (1,500 mile trip)
    the 3.826 has been excellent!!

"J" after "J" all day long!! and every one has been correct, I have yet to see this feature be wrong!! I even had a county cop running constant KA in a parking lot across the street from the lot I was in, the unit was alerting for a minute then a 2nd signal showed on the bogey counter, then I got a "J"! WTF?!?!
    I saw a detector on the windshield of a passing truck, as soon as he passed the original KA alert continued.

So, what is this "J" bug some people reported with this version?

Mine is working great!!

My 3.826 is working great just like yours! And the "J" feature works to perfection!

GTO_04

Radar Fanatic

same here i habe had i guess what you would call perfect "J" reports... Never had a real threat be "J"d out

Professional

So far with my 3.858 I have had 2 correct J's, both being Cobra's of course.

Ace

Lead Foot
    Austin, Texas/ Greenville, South Carolina

3.856 has yet to J out a crapra. With POP off though the alerts I get are never over 1 or 2 bars. Back with POP on it would J out the signal from my cobra about half the time.

Does anyone know if the J function works on cellphone towers, there is a persistant Ka false on a road i drive every day. Pretty sure it isnt a crapra unless I have been unfortunate enough to be in front of one everytime I have driven through there in the past few days. Professor Jim, whats the difference between the false from a cell tower and the false from a crapra?

Lead Foot

My 'J' function has worked pretty much perfectly, it J out a cop of course once but brought it back. It has yes to J out another real Ka threat and gave me a great save last night and detected a speed sight over 2.2 miles away!!

I wub V1.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan
    3.856 has yet to J out a crapra. With POP off though the alerts I get are never over 1 or 2 bars. Back with POP on it would J out the signal from my cobra about half the time.

Does anyone know if the J function works on cellphone towers, there is a persistant Ka false on a road i drive every day. Pretty sure it isnt a crapra unless I have been unfortunate enough to be in front of one everytime I have driven through there in the past few days. Professor Jim, whats the difference between the false from a cell tower and the false from a crapra?
    you might want to consider that upgrade. If you can get VR to do it. They should have given you 3.858 anyway.

ES13Raven

"J" after "J" all day long!! and every one has been correct, I have yet to see this feature be wrong!!
    If you are getting 20+ Js a day then you probably have POP enabled. I would say to turn it off, as this would drastically reduce the number of Js you get, but Florida is listed as a state with POP guns.

Good to see that you got a real Ka bogey, then the 2nd one which J'd out and then after the Cobra passed you got the real Ka again. That is what we are afraid of - J'ing out a Cobra which silences the V1 for 10 seconds after the cobra is no longer detected and possibly missing a real Ka threat.

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    "J" after "J" all day long!! and every one has been correct, I have yet to see this feature be wrong!!
    If you are getting 20+ Js a day then you probably have POP enabled. I would say to turn it off, as this would drastically reduce the number of Js you get, but Florida is listed as a state with POP guns.
    Where is this list of states that have them?

Radar Fanatic

So many people don't realize that the V1 has a ten-second reset time on muting a signal, we just presume that it is a standard threshold that defaults on J's as well.
    Switchback, do you recall how many seconds elapsed between the J and bringing back the real LEO?
    That is excellent that the second bogy Crapra J'ed out then brought back the real LEO.
    If Mike gets this thing down he won't have to worry about his patents expiring as this feature has the potential to be as good or better than arrows and the bogy counter/lock tone.
    And to think that some forum members advised to dump this feature.
    You got a good one, don't ever let it go!