Lead Foot
    Austin, Texas/ Greenville, South Carolina

Default V1 owns KA around a corner...

Maybe Im officially a zombie now but I am glad I went ahead and demoed the V1 against all the negative feed about performance around corners and here's why:

I was driving tonight doing about 15 over PSL on a state highway there is intermittent traffic on the road so I am never completely unshielded. As I aproach a pretty significant corner that comes around about 60 degrees into a long uphill I get that blood chilling braa-braap and the arrow lights ahead one bogey, I get on the brakes and the V1 quickly ramps up to 3/4 alert as I round the corner and continue uphill as I crest the top alert is full and about 300yds away in the median is an SC stater, looked like road reflectors at first but as I approached were clearly parking lights on the cruiser. I would say the V1 was alerting for a good 30-45 seconds from first tone to the arrows moving to the side. I didnt check the odometer but I would figure just outside of .6miles and this was a serious corner, it did at least as good if not better than my x50 and I believe my x50 was a factory freak so I am very impressed with the V1 right now. Now all of my friends no longer make fun of box on my windshield, they know it works and the understand why I have it now.

One thing that annoyed me was it started to ghost as we approaced the cruiser it picked up two as we were about 50yds away and picked up a third as I was even with the car. Pretty sure it wasnt stalker dual because rear alert dropped off within 100yds after passing the cruiser.
    Anyways thought I should share that, Im running 3.856 mounted high behind the tint, and Im pretty sure Ive found my x50's replacement.

Radar Fanatic

Could you get a map from Google Earth?

Lead Foot
    Austin, Texas/ Greenville, South Carolina

I dont have a way to edit the image on my computer as I have a mac and there is no program such as paint to draw lines on but basically I cropped the picture to show from top right corner on 123 where I first recieved the alert to the LEO parked in the little crossover right before you get to the bridge in the bottom left hand corner of the picture. If anyone wants to edit it to reflect that feel free to do so. It appears I was over-zealous in my estimation of the severity of the curve it appears to be more like 30-35 degrees which is still sizeable and remember that almost immediately after the curve there is a fairly steep uphill climb to where the LEO was sitting.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan

I dont have a way to edit the image on my computer as I have a mac and there is no program such as paint to draw lines on but basically I cropped the picture to show from top right corner on 123 where I first recieved the alert to the LEO parked in the little crossover right before you get to the bridge in the bottom left hand corner of the picture. If anyone wants to edit it to reflect that feel free to do so. It appears I was over-zealous in my estimation of the severity of the curve it appears to be more like 30-35 degrees which is still sizeable and remember that almost immediately after the curve there is a fairly steep uphill climb to where the LEO was sitting.
    First off, what band was he using? You stated you got ghosting. As far as curves are concern, there are factors affecting the range of how far you picked it up. If you have metal rails on the side of the road, and LEO positioned himself at a right angle, you can get good range. As a matter of fact, if i position myself after a curve and set up a trap for in coming vehcles, i can get their speed before even seeing the vehicle. What i'm saying is this, with proper angle, you get better range from LEO and this advantage can also be used by LEO by using it as pulse(intermittent on and off) or instant on with spectre is deadlier.

Professional

the ghosting is normal with the rd, the professor explained that radar bounces off everywhere and the reflections have a slightly different frequencies than the transmitter causing false images inside the rd 8)

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    the ghosting is normal with the rd, the professor explained that radar bounces off everywhere and the reflections have a slightly different frequencies than the transmitter causing false images inside the rd 8)
    If that is the case, we should be getting multiple bogeys majority of the time everytime we encounter active police radars. But that is not the case. Bottom line, i ignore the bogey count because it is not accurate. As long as i get the alert at a good distance is what matters.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    Since a 1.7 can give an accurate bogy count why can't VR get it right on a 1.8?
    If my counter did not work accurately I would differently shut off the lock tone with section (A)

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1 owns KA around a corner...

Awesome, another positive for v1