Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    6,540

    Default Suction cups not sticking on cold window

    Well, I tried to put my window mount up last night but the suction cups wouldn't adhere to the window. :x I cleaned up an older pair of cups for my V1, put them in boiling water but for a bit too long. Maybe I will try to use a newer pair. I even had a problem getting my BelEscort window mount to stick. Cold weather and suction cups do not go well together!!!

  2. #2
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: Suction cups not sticking on cold window

    Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    Well, I tried to put my window mount up last night but the suction cups wouldn't adhere to the window. :x I cleaned up an older pair of cups for my V1, put them in boiling water but for a bit too long. Maybe I will try to use a newer pair. I even had a problem getting my BelEscort window mount to stick. Cold weather and suction cups do not go well together!!!
    Dont feel bad, same thing with my x50. It was 6 degrees here last night and it came off. I had to put it on dashboard while i drove home from work and it didnt even pick up false alerts where i usually get them when i mount it high.

  3. #3
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    6,540

    Default yeah

    Yeah I just purchased a different car, so I have to get the velcro mounted on the dash as a backup.

  4. #4
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Yep know how ya feel, having the same problem

  5. #5
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    u can wait till its warmed up and even put a dabble of saliva on the cups, once they stick and u get them set when it gets cold again they wont fall off. make sure there arent any air bubbles when u set them either.

  6. #6
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    6,540

    Default thx

    Thx Teamquack. I will try that but not tonight. Will wait until the morning .

  7. #7
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    In cold weather I have no problems with the V1 suction cups, it's the Rx65 suction cups I have problems with.

  8. #8
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cleveland/Shaker Heights, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    7,734

    Default

    I've never had trouble with mine in either cold or hot weather - but instead, I get some instances of, when there's large temperature fluctuations, coming back to my vehicle to find that the detector & suction-mount dangling on the hardwire.

    I've now taken to re-moistening and re-mounting four times a year - one per quarter - and I've yet to have a failure over the last 9 months....

  9. #9
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big, flat, corn infested, boretown
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    In cold weather I have no problems with the V1 suction cups, it's the Rx65 suction cups I have problems with.
    Whats the coldest it gets where you live? Like 60f?

    I was having that problem a little bit ago, all it took was a little warm breath and a quick wipe down of the windshield and it is still up there.

  10. #10
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogGod
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    In cold weather I have no problems with the V1 suction cups, it's the Rx65 suction cups I have problems with.
    Whats the coldest it gets where you live? Like 60f?

    I was having that problem a little bit ago, all it took was a little warm breath and a quick wipe down of the windshield and it is still up there.
    At night the temps are dropping into the high 20s. (f).

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to fix suction cups losing suction while on the road?
    By lordhawhaw in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 11:54 AM
  2. Suction Cups have lost their suction
    By gsedan in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 03:40 PM
  3. Grrrrrrrrrr Suction cups on the cold windshield
    By tnharley in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 11:17 AM
  4. Cold windshield and suction cups don't stick as well
    By a529612 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 08:05 PM
  5. Who in Cold weather states uses suction cups?
    By lordhamster in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •